Welcome to Gaia! ::

pockybot

It would be sick if Modern Witch and Fever Ray/The Knife went on tour together.

Didn't the Knife end? I am a big Karin Andersson fan.

Oh, yeah. It did. Nevermind, then. :]
pockybot

It's not bad, but not sure how it's its own specific genre when there's a lot of other acts that sound very similar. Also I'm not really seeing the goth or horror theme in a lot of it. I remember a lot of the neo folk/martial industrial had this quasi pagan/fascist theme going on, but I'm not really seeing a theme here. It's pretty sounding tho

I can assure you that there are some artists that pertain the Goth/Horror theme of the genre, but most don't really. I think these songs are kind of ominous.

(towards the end with this one)

If you look around on bandcamp, there are some witch house producers that rap over their tracks. And their lyrics are really gross.

But yeah, quasi-horror is evident in all Post-Industrial, including this.
But Witch House is Goth, though.
Ace the Masturbator
pockybot
I listened to all the youtube songs embedded and linked, and I have to say...almost all of it to me sounds like Crystal Castles(Im a huge CC fan) mixed with a bit of Burial(as well as some down tempo trip hope/tape loop artists)

It also just sounds like a lot of the newer down tempo electronic stuff popular with the indie crowd.

I used to joke that some death metal and EBM stuff(like Psyclon Nine) has "Witch in a castle" vocals. But again, a lot of this stuff has the wallowing lo fi ambient sort of vocals popular in a lot of indie electronic stuff.

It's not bad, but not sure how it's its own specific genre when there's a lot of other acts that sound very similar. Also I'm not really seeing the goth or horror theme in a lot of it. I remember a lot of the neo folk/martial industrial had this quasi pagan/fascist theme going on, but I'm not really seeing a theme here. It's pretty sounding tho

Yeah, I see what you mean. Crystal Castles is usually referred to in Witch House a lot, since they had that kind of sound. Nonetheless, the real group that actually helped shape the sound would have to be SALEM.
I hated CC's first album. But their other work is okay.

It was this video that I randomly saw one day which really led me down a journey of discovering ambient soundscape sort of stuff

pockybot
Ace the Masturbator
pockybot
I listened to all the youtube songs embedded and linked, and I have to say...almost all of it to me sounds like Crystal Castles(Im a huge CC fan) mixed with a bit of Burial(as well as some down tempo trip hope/tape loop artists)

It also just sounds like a lot of the newer down tempo electronic stuff popular with the indie crowd.

I used to joke that some death metal and EBM stuff(like Psyclon Nine) has "Witch in a castle" vocals. But again, a lot of this stuff has the wallowing lo fi ambient sort of vocals popular in a lot of indie electronic stuff.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Crystal Castles is usually referred to in Witch House a lot, since they had that kind of sound. Nonetheless, the real group that actually helped shape the sound would have to be SALEM.
I hated CC's first album. But their other work is okay.

It was this video that I randomly saw one day which really led me down a journey of discovering ambient soundscape sort of stuff

Burial, eh? He's one of my favorite Dubstep producers.
But I also really like his Ambient tracks.
On a lot of blogs that I've read for SALEM, they usually compare them to Burial. I even read one that said "They're pretty much Burial mixed with Noise and Drone".
ll-Evil_Prophecy-ll
ninja

xp
Well, hello there.
Does anyone listen to The Crystal Method ?
ll-Evil_Prophecy-ll

Yeah, he's pretty good. But he's not a Witch House producer, though. neutral

Interesting Regular

Ace the Masturbator
ll-Evil_Prophecy-ll

They're big beat (meaning they are two , yeah)

Also, which house?

captcha: look before crossing
savagesarge
Ace the Masturbator
ll-Evil_Prophecy-ll

They're big beat (meaning they are two , yeah)

Also, which house?

captcha: look before crossing

1) My dumbass of a friend told me that they were just one guy.
2) I heard 1 song from them, which was Dubstep, believe it or not.

And Witch House is pretty much Chillwave, Drone, Noise, and Chopped and Screwed together.
Listened to some of Crystal Method's other tracks. They're pretty decent.
OV97
this isnt official.. this is bullshit. ******** u

Shut up, Oreste. =_=
pockybot
ambient

Witch House has same aspects of Ambient, but not really. More Ethereal-ish.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff