Welcome to Gaia! ::

I never touched the sanctity of hous - I just saw Oizo! wahmbulance
Evolsine

I could never be mad at you, oh bluetiful god.

Greedy Capitalist

Evolsine

?
Oh, Evolsine.....
Spaifu
Evolsine

I could never be mad at you, oh bluetiful god.

:3

Dangerous Conversationalist

Evolsine

Did you really saw Oizo live? You beetch?

Rainbow Trafficker

Ace the Fatalist
Cosmic BOOTY
I heart Mr. Oizo

Me toooo heart

Incase you didn't have it already:

Download 12 Unreleased Tunes from Mr. Oizo

this is some 2007 old knowledge, but just to be thorough:

Mr. Oizo Makes Feature Film

Now "Flat beat" has been posted

Greedy Capitalist

Lyekka
Ace the Fatalist
Cosmic BOOTY
I heart Mr. Oizo

Me toooo heart

Incase you didn't have it already:

Download 12 Unreleased Tunes from Mr. Oizo

this is some 2007 old knowledge, but just to be thorough:

Mr. Oizo Makes Feature Film

Now "Flat beat" has been posted

I didn't know about the future film, thanks. smile
I think the moment I saw Mr. Oizo's "Flat Beat" on MTV's AMP when I was a youngster was what turned me into an electronic music addict. Bless you, Mr Oizo <3

Greedy Capitalist

ManicShadow
I think the moment I saw Mr. Oizo's "Flat Beat" on MTV's AMP when I was a youngster was what turned me into an electronic music addict. Bless you, Mr Oizo <3
I was never into MTV. But I first listened to his music at a party when I was like, a Freshman in High School. So it's been nearly 5 years.

Fashionable Prophet

8,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Spaifu
But no seriously, if you listen to commercial house music then it's gonna all sound the same (and bad, because it's being made for money). Also house is one of the *more* expressive genres in the industry, and I can't understand how anyone could say it doesn't have much room for expansion or variation.
Basically neither Ace nor Trillvia Plath know what house music is! Fun fun funnnnnnnn, so for the court mandated community service, here are some pretty things:

http://soundcloud.com/stephanhoellermann/hoellermann-for-lazare-hoche
http://soundcloud.com/jnlcinemafunk/cyclist-prime-cut-jnl-remix
http://soundcloud.com/jpaulgetto/tf (yeah, that's a j paul getto remix of a treasure fingers track, sit back down)
http://soundcloud.com/jnlcinemafunk/jnl-dj-falcon-spanks-his-kids

And I just pulled those off of my soundcloud dashboard soooooo...
You see, kids, what you are forgetting on page one is that house music is about GROOVE. A simple way to tell if what you're listening to is house music or not is to check if it has any sort of GROOVE. If it has no GROOVE (or soul, for that matter) than chances are it's not house music.

As for french related and produced house music, come back and talk to me once you've weened yourself of EBR talk2hand If it aint crydamoure it's DONE SON!

Edit: also who ever said house music is for commercials? Shut upppppppppp no one wants your janky opinion. Wait, janky's connotations are some what good...

I was reading these posts and couldn't wait to get through them all and drop a little knowledge on their ignorant asses. Seems you've beaten me to it and nearly word for word with what I was going to say!

Fashionable Prophet

8,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Ace the Fatalist
ManicShadow
I was never into MTV. But I first listened to his music at a party when I was like, a Freshman in High School. So it's been nearly 5 years.

AMP was only on air during the late 90's, I think, so you wouldn't have really had a chance to see it anyways. It went far in exposing "EDM" to the masses while it was still commonly referred to as "Electronica" and was more of a novelty to the mainstream media. It was a major turning point in it's break off from genuine underground to s**t like Skrillex and Deadmau5 playing the Grammys.

Fashionable Prophet

8,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Anybody feeling the collab he did with Boys Noize?

Deezy-sama
Ace the Fatalist
ManicShadow

AMP was only on air during the late 90's, I think, so you wouldn't have really had a chance to see it anyways. It went far in exposing "EDM" to the masses while it was still commonly referred to as "Electronica" and was more of a novelty to the mainstream media. It was a major turning point in it's break off from genuine underground to s**t like Skrillex and Deadmau5 playing the Grammys.

Ah man, MTV in the 90s... those were the days heart

Greedy Capitalist

Deezy-sama
Ace the Fatalist
ManicShadow

That's pretty cool, I guess.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces