Welcome to Gaia! ::

The new M83 double album is amazing biggrin
are there any fans of M83 here?
and if so, what do you think of the new album?
i love it so much biggrin

but i actually love 2011 anyway, so much dreamy music, it is incredible biggrin

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tycoon 200
Haha yes, I've actually just listened to that song about 2 weeks ago.
I absolutely love it and I can't wait for their album.
c:
Yes, I got it. It's pretty great. But you call that dream? pfffft.

Profitable Prophet

15,800 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Super Jumper 500
I suppose he gets lumped in with the whole dream pop/shoegaze scene, even though he seems to get more pop than dreamy with each later release (not including the Digital Shades record)

Been listening to this record quite a bit. Zola Jesus seems kind of wasted on the first track but I ******** love tracks 2 and 3. He really seems to have reigned back on the instrumentals, using them as short interludes. I wish he extended "Klaus I Love You" near the end into his usual 8 minute jams, would've been pretty epic

But yeah record is pretty solid as a whole. There is some filler but less than I was expecting when I heard he was doing a double album
Ace the Masturbator
Yes, I got it. It's pretty great. But you call that dream? pfffft.

well that doesn't really sound more dreamy. it sounds more like a nightmare.
but it pretty much is the same with a lot more effects.
It doesn't live up to previous releases. It's a'ight. I don't like them as much in this poppier medium. On the bright side, I'm diggin' that Vicky's Secrets advert.
verds
I suppose he gets lumped in with the whole dream pop/shoegaze scene

Well, that's because M83 is a Shoegaze band.
Dream Pop, no too much, but some aesthetics of it is there.

Dangerous Conversationalist

The first cd is actually a little 80's neo retro... at leats some tracks are......
And the second is classic neo shoegaze.
White Linen
classic neo shoegaze.

Ethereal Wave.

Ace the Masturbator
White Linen
classic neo shoegaze.

Ethereal Wave.

Did you even had a chance to listen to my bloody valentine? And go invent some genre on somebody else.... Only Shallow is one of the best shoegaze song ever.
White Linen
Ace the Masturbator
White Linen
classic neo shoegaze.

Ethereal Wave.

Did you even had a chance to listen to my bloody valentine? And go invent some genre on somebody else.... Only Shallow is one of the best shoegaze song ever.

Nope.
Salem is a WAY better Shoegaze band.
And White Ring and HEALTH.
M83 is indietronic. There's indie rock and indie electronic, with weird s**t like tUneYards and Animal Collective in between. But Im surprised how big M83 has gotten lately. They sold out two shows coming up at a bigger venue, they play em all the time at the mall, star bucks, even the radio now. Saw em do a cool performance on jimmy fallon not long ago. I got into them awhile back but cool to see theyve gotten a huge new audience with the new release.

VERY glad to see people breaking out of the boring indie rock/rhianna autotune pop/nickelback s**t.
pockybot
M83 is indietronic. There's indie rock and indie electronic, with weird s**t like tUneYards and Animal Collective in between. But Im surprised how big M83 has gotten lately. They sold out two shows coming up at a bigger venue, they play em all the time at the mall, star bucks, even the radio now. Saw em do a cool performance on jimmy fallon not long ago. I got into them awhile back but cool to see theyve gotten a huge new audience with the new release.

VERY glad to see people breaking out of the boring indie rock/rhianna autotune pop/nickelback s**t.

M83 has become a bit more poppy with Saturdays = Youth. And this one is even more easy to get into.
plus, dreamy stuff becomes more and more populair. wich is pretty cool because i love that stuff.
magnius2006
pockybot

M83 has become a bit more poppy with Saturdays = Youth. And this one is even more easy to get into.
plus, dreamy stuff becomes more and more populair. wich is pretty cool because i love that stuff.

Oh I love the ambient dreamy stuff. Crystal Castles, all the emerging "witchhouse" and "chillwave", dreampop, and of course shoegazer electronic inspired music these days is swimming in that sort of stuff.

Ace the Masturbator
White Linen
Ace the Masturbator
White Linen
classic neo shoegaze.

Ethereal Wave.

Nope.
Salem is a WAY better Shoegaze band.
And White Ring and HEALTH.

Then you don't know a thing about shoegaze.... talk2hand

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items