Welcome to Gaia! ::

Feline Lunatic

Dance music is not the same as house music. Yes, it makes you dance -- we all know that! But what I have seen happen in America in the last two years is the explosion of commercial pop-electro-dance music and so many people think it's the same culture, the same scene as what we do with house and techno, and it isn't! It so isn't. Just because they're both electronic produced tracks does not mean they should exist in the same scene. If I wanted to listen to pop music, I would choose a ballad or a rock song or something that just means something. This electro-pop-dance that all the R&B artists are jumping on is the worst music I have ever heard in my whole life -- cheap, no soul, no meaning. [It's] only made to make money. I don't even like calling what we do dance music, because some people think it's a part of that. What we do is house and techno, and it does have a meaning and a feeling. Just as it's always been, and just how it will always be for us that love house music. - DJ Steve Lawler
All the mainstream has ever done is make a true scene watered down and poppy. Not to sound like a hipster, but the mainstream is nothing but trouble for EDM.

Feline Lunatic

JimmySpoon
All the mainstream has ever done is make a true scene watered down and poppy. Not to sound like a hipster, but the mainstream is nothing but trouble for EDM.
Mhm i agree -___-
CuntPlease
Dance music is not the same as house music. Yes, it makes you dance -- we all know that! But what I have seen happen in America in the last two years is the explosion of commercial pop-electro-dance music and so many people think it's the same culture, the same scene as what we do with house and techno, and it isn't! It so isn't. Just because they're both electronic produced tracks does not mean they should exist in the same scene. If I wanted to listen to pop music, I would choose a ballad or a rock song or something that just means something. This electro-pop-dance that all the R&B artists are jumping on is the worst music I have ever heard in my whole life -- cheap, no soul, no meaning. [It's] only made to make money. I don't even like calling what we do dance music, because some people think it's a part of that. What we do is house and techno, and it does have a meaning and a feeling. Just as it's always been, and just how it will always be for us that love house music. - DJ Steve Lawler

House is a subgenre of Electronic Dance music, or EDM for short. So what are you even saying?

Feline Lunatic

Ace the Masturbator
CuntPlease

House is a subgenre of Electronic Dance music, or EDM for short. So what are you even saying?
what im basically saying is that i dont agree with r&b artist or rap artist to be joind with edm , because that makes me think that ed dj's and house music dj's are just
selling out for the money .
CuntPlease
Ace the Masturbator
CuntPlease

what im basically saying is that i dont agree with r&b artist or rap artist to be joind with edm , because that makes me think that ed dj's and house music dj's are just

What? Why is house some sort of standalone genre? EDM will always be used by pop music at the going rate...unless Country becomes #1.

Feline Lunatic

Evolsine
CuntPlease
Ace the Masturbator
CuntPlease

What? Why is house some sort of standalone genre? EDM will always be used by pop music at the going rate...unless Country becomes #1.

okay edm then but you get my point right but i dislike the fact that edm is bein used by pop music and now more then usual.
CuntPlease

okay edm then but you get my point right but i dislike the fact that edm is bein used by pop music and now more then usual.

This had been happening since the 70's. So you should be used to it by now. Almost all(no, ALL) Pop is generated with Electronics.

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
It's not just the EDM genre... In every genre, it comes to a point where the music becomes water down or to the point where everyone hops on the bandwagon.

Ace- True dat.. Not just pop but even if you think about it rap/r&b/etc has had the same idea for the longest time..

And trust me c**t... Can I call you c**t? ( I really love your name lol) I feel the same way. I hate the idea that EDM has become this bandwagon that everyone is hoping on. Every Artist feels that they can just hop on the wagon, drop some dubstep or some other beat into their track and call it music. It annoys me but I've decided to say ******** it. I don't gotta listen to what they poop out because I can always just go through my library of music and listen to some real music.

I can do that.. and also i can hope that this is just a phase that everyone is going through and EDM can go back the way it was back in the 90's and early 00's where people looked down for listening to Dj Jean and Goldie lol

The Committee Staff Member

Things that are normally underground just end up going mainstream in the long run. It may take awhile, but it happens. If you like LMFAO, sorry, but here's a good example. They weren't the first to spill the beans with electro house, but down the road, electro house may or may not be made by some popular mainstream "artists" who do rap or hip hop music, and I won't be surprised if it happens. Another thing is shuffling. I'll bet most individuals who listen to mainstream music think that electro house is some new genre, just like dubstep, and that shuffling was invented by LMFAO when it actually started back in the 80's by some Australians.

About a year ago I heard some music on the radio that sounded like cheesy trance music, and I couldn't help but feel like I had lost my identity since I've been growing up with EDM since I was at least 8 years old.

It sucks, it can't be helped, and life goes on. I think I'm going to go write some classical EDM now.

Witty Hunter

8,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Jono Blue
Things that are normally underground just end up going mainstream in the long run. It may take awhile, but it happens. If you like LMFAO, sorry, but here's a good example. They weren't the first to spill the beans with electro house, but down the road, electro house may or may not be made by some popular mainstream "artists" who do rap or hip hop music, and I won't be surprised if it happens. Another thing is shuffling. I'll bet most individuals who listen to mainstream music think that electro house is some new genre, just like dubstep, and that shuffling was invented by LMFAO when it actually started back in the 80's by some Australians.

About a year ago I heard some music on the radio that sounded like cheesy trance music, and I couldn't help but feel like I had lost my identity since I've been growing up with EDM since I was at least 8 years old.

It sucks, it can't be helped, and life goes on. I think I'm going to go write some classical EDM now.

NOOOO SHUFFLING WAS STARTED BY LMFAO!! jk jk..
FurryTyrant

Ace- True dat.. Not just pop but even if you think about it rap/r&b/etc has had the same idea for the longest time..

That's why I consider Hip-hop and R&B as subgenres of EDM. For ******** sake. Samplers, drum machines, all of that s**t. It's definitely EDM, to some strain.
And R&B is definitely EDM. There's been so much chill UK Garage that now it's just considered 'Contemporary R&B'.
s**t like this.

The Committee Staff Member

Ace the Masturbator
FurryTyrant

That's why I consider Hip-hop and R&B as subgenres of EDM. For ******** sake. Samplers, drum machines, all of that s**t. It's definitely EDM, to some strain.
And R&B is definitely EDM. There's been so much chill UK Garage that now it's just considered 'Contemporary R&B'.
s**t like this.

No disagreeing with that. Hip hop, rap, and R&B are EDM, and some people don't know this. These genres are good, and they were especially back in the 90's. Of course, again, it became too mainstream to the point that just about every corner you turn, you hear a youngster making up some lyrics that really have no meaning because they don't make much sense, and them telling you that "music is a passion of theirs". The problem is is that they don't know a lick about music. Not even a little.

There are some good rap songs that play on the radio, but they're a rarity. Nowadays the majority of rap, hip hop, and/or R&B have cookie cutter lyrics, and so you hear the same thing in different songs. It's funny, though, because for some reason house remixes make bad rap songs sound better. Not all the time, though.
Ace the Masturbator
FurryTyrant

s**t like this.

Frank Ocean eh? I take it you're familar with Odd Future then? biggrin
JimmySpoon
Ace the Masturbator
FurryTyrant

s**t like this.

Frank Ocean eh? I take it you're familar with Odd Future then? biggrin

Of course.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out