Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tylermiller8888
What genre would you say this is?

They're liquid Breaks.

Tipsy Capitalist

I'd call them world fusion, but with an electronic twist.
From Wikipedia:
The styles combined to create Beats Antique’s unique sound are a union of old and new inspirations. There are infusions of Middle Eastern belly dance music, down tempo, hip-hop, old school jazz, clown, afro-beat, and many styles of electronic music. The musicians have been influenced by their diverse musical backgrounds. They incorporate many live instruments to produce their style of music.
Halael
From Wikipedia:
The styles combined to create Beats Antique’s unique sound are a union of old and new inspirations. There are infusions of Middle Eastern belly dance music, down tempo, hip-hop, old school jazz, clown, afro-beat, and many styles of electronic music. The musicians have been influenced by their diverse musical backgrounds. They incorporate many live instruments to produce their style of music.

Basically Liquid Breaks.

Tipsy Capitalist

Alec Empire
Halael
From Wikipedia:

Basically Liquid Breaks.

Yeah, excepts with all that other stuff that isn't typical of liquid breaks music, not that liquid breaks is even a recognized genre by most people.
Halael
Alec Empire
Halael
From Wikipedia:

Basically Liquid Breaks.

Yeah, excepts with all that other stuff that isn't typical of liquid breaks music, not that liquid breaks is even a recognized genre by most people.

Naw, you just don't you what you're saying.

Tipsy Capitalist

Alec Empire
Halael
Alec Empire
Halael
From Wikipedia:

Basically Liquid Breaks.

Naw, you just don't you what you're saying.

Obviously.
Search for: electronic world fusion-- About 7,530,000 results (0.25 seconds)
"electronic world fusion"-- About 140,000 results (0.32 seconds)
liquid breaks-- About 41,000,000 results (0.19 seconds)*
"liquid breaks"-- About 77,400 results (0.29 seconds)*

*both searches returned several unrelated hits just in the first couple of results.
Plus, Wikipedia has them listed as "an experimental world fusion and electronic music group."
Dismissed, son.
Halael

Dismissed, son.

1) Your confounded search is for popularity? Who cares?
2) Wikipedia. Not reliable when it comes to categorizing obscure music at all.
The fact that you actually used Wikipedia tells me that you know nothing about EDM. rolleyes

Tipsy Capitalist

Alec Empire
Halael

Dismissed, son.

1) Your confounded search is for popularity? Who cares?
2) Wikipedia. Not reliable when it comes to categorizing obscure music at all.
The fact that you actually used Wikipedia tells me that you know nothing about EDM. rolleyes

Statistics, not popularity. My claim is that "Liquid Breaks" is not a commonly used genre. In fact, it's hardly even used. Do I need to scour Pitchfork for you? Would that make you feel better? Maybe hand deliver my results with a couple of PBRs in my skinny jeans and raybans?
Halael

Statistics, not popularity. My claim is that "Liquid Breaks" is not a commonly used genre. In fact, it's hardly even used. Do I need to scour Pitchfork for you? Would that make you feel better? Maybe hand deliver my results with a couple of PBRs in my skinny jeans and raybans?

Funny, indeed. But note that Pitchfork is boring, and the only good s**t that they've posted up was Grimes.
You still know nothing. Really. 'world fusion'. Wow.

Tipsy Capitalist

You're so hipster, you just dissed Pitchfork. Damn, son.
Halael
You're so hipster, you just dissed Pitchfork. Damn, son.

You try so hard. I love it. heart

Tipsy Capitalist

Trying? You're really just lathering the s**t on yourself. You're opinion stopped registering as anything other than inane hipster bs when you tried to correct me.
See, when someone asks what genre something is, you give them something they can relate to. When you say "basically liquid breaks", you come off as a douche nozzel. Why? Because, first of all, that's not basic. That's ******** and no one will know what you're talking about. Secondly, you're wrong. I mean, just flat out wrong, and anyone that listens to their music would tell you ten different reasons why liquid breaks is an inadequate descriptor. It just goes to show you don't know what you're talking about, not the other way around.
But it's okay. I ain't even mad. In fact, I was kind of happy to see you diss Pitchfork. Shows that you can take your inane hipster bullshit to another level. It was kind of like Hipster-ception. You took it deeper than I expected.
Halael
Trying? You're really just lathering the s**t on yourself. You're opinion stopped registering as anything other than inane hipster bs when you tried to correct me.
See, when someone asks what genre something is, you give them something they can relate to. When you say "basically liquid breaks", you come off as a douche nozzel. Why? Because, first of all, that's not basic. That's ******** and no one will know what you're talking about. Secondly, you're wrong. I mean, just flat out wrong, and anyone that listens to their music would tell you ten different reasons why liquid breaks is an inadequate descriptor. It just goes to show you don't know what you're talking about, not the other way around.
But it's okay. I ain't even mad. In fact, I was kind of happy to see you diss Pitchfork. Shows that you can take your inane hipster bullshit to another level. It was kind of like Hipster-ception. You took it deeper than I expected.

No, they're just Liquid Breaks.
Keep explaining my Hipster-ism, I insist. Because the argument is weak as ********.
Hipsters don't even read Pitchfork anymore.
And you like the Cure? hahahahahahahahahahahafakegothhahahahahahhaha

Tipsy Capitalist

Alec Empire
Halael

Keep explaining my Hipster-ism, I insist. Because the argument is weak as ********.

Can't tell if retarded or just stupid...
Halael
Alec Empire
Halael

Can't tell if retarded or just stupid...

Oh, and you're also an Anarcho-syndicalist libretarian?
That sounds more like male menstral first-wave punk mentality.
Read Tank Girl.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces