Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Nasc
RainWashesEverythingAway
I have had more of a problem with people who are vegan/veggie whaever shoving it down my throat that if I eat a cheeseburger I don't care about the environment and am a horrible evil person, actually. :/

What I'm doing for Earth Day: what I do everyday. Walking where I can, turning off lights/electronics not in use, and picking up around my neighborhood.
I think that's mainly because,
they think that you somehow know that factory farms kill animals inhumanly as well as pollute the environment.
and you then choose to continue to eat the meat from those factory farms....
Really you can eat meat just don't support the factory farms
instead buy stuff from organic farms less pollution for the environment, the meat from organic farms is better for you, they treat and kill the animals humanly, and your supporting small businesses
win win for everyone ^^

And whomever said that I *don't* do these things? Also, just because it's organic doesn't mean it's mana from heaven. Not every person can afford it either. For some of us it can often be a choice between mass production, or nothing at all. (And by nothing at all, I don't mean no meat with dinner, I mean all the money in one's pocket can go to maybe a package of reduced price hamburger meat and a package of noodles. Maybe some sauce or veggies on a good day.)

9,450 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
RainWashesEverythingAway
Nasc
RainWashesEverythingAway
I have had more of a problem with people who are vegan/veggie whaever shoving it down my throat that if I eat a cheeseburger I don't care about the environment and am a horrible evil person, actually. :/

What I'm doing for Earth Day: what I do everyday. Walking where I can, turning off lights/electronics not in use, and picking up around my neighborhood.
they think that you somehow know that factory farms kill animals inhumanly as well as pollute the environment.
instead buy stuff from organic farms less pollution for the environment, the meat from organic farms is better for you, they treat and kill the animals humanly, and your supporting small businesses
win win for everyone ^^

And whomever said that I *don't* do these things? Also, just because it's organic doesn't mean it's mana from heaven. Not every person can afford it either. For some of us it can often be a choice between mass production, or nothing at all. (And by nothing at all, I don't mean no meat with dinner, I mean all the money in one's pocket can go to maybe a package of reduced price hamburger meat and a package of noodles. Maybe some sauce or veggies on a good day.)

What are you talking about organic meat can be cheap o .0
sure Mc donald's can be $4 for maybe a meal I guess that's cheap
But Chipotle just for maybe $8-$10 you get more of a meal and they buy from organic farms
Seriously maybe some people can't afford it...but most can and they choose not to because,
they are cheap and don't care if they slowly poison themselves as well as the earth
and I didn't say you didn't do these things I'm saying that most idiotic vegetarians
assume that you support factory farms and don't know about organic meat -_-;;
Also those people at poverty level can still buy organic meat
sometimes it's only a few dollar difference and a lot of poor people that can hardly afford food
get food stamps but choose to buy bad food for their kids and themselves
unless we are talking about a third world country then that's different :/

Dapper Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Nasc
RainWashesEverythingAway
Nasc
RainWashesEverythingAway

win win for everyone ^^

But Chipotle just for maybe $8-$10 you get more of a meal and they buy from organic farms
Seriously maybe some people can't afford it...but most can and they choose not to because,
they are cheap and don't care if they slowly poison themselves as well as the earth
and I didn't say you didn't do these things I'm saying that most idiotic vegetarians
sometimes it's only a few dollar difference and a lot of poor people that can hardly afford food

While I will admit to being ignorant of most other cities, I know for a fact that where I live, if organic meat is an option, it is usually half the amount for twice the price, if it is even sold in a place that sells food stamps. Additionally, people on food stamps usually have to make the amount that they receive last for the whole month between themselves and others.

And, I must have been mislead by the topic line. I thought that we were all here in agreement that there are many other very significant ways to reduce one's global impact, that all of us can agree on, such as, walking and/or to any destination less then a mile from your place of residence, or growing one's own organic garden?

9,450 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
RainWashesEverythingAway
Nasc
RainWashesEverythingAway
Nasc
RainWashesEverythingAway

win win for everyone ^^

While I will admit to being ignorant of most other cities, I know for a fact that where I live, if organic meat is an option, it is usually half the amount for twice the price, if it is even sold in a place that sells food stamps. Additionally, people on food stamps usually have to make the amount that they receive last for the whole month between themselves and others.

And, I must have been mislead by the topic line. I thought that we were all here in agreement that there are many other very significant ways to reduce one's global impact, that all of us can agree on, such as, walking and/or to any destination less then a mile from your place of residence, or growing one's own organic garden?

I'm guessing your working on assumptions because that is completely not true
maybe other organic products such as vegetables and dairy products may be that way
but you can easily get organic meat for cheap sometimes even more then you can get at a fast food restauraunt
Here are a few stores that sell organic meat that accept food stamps
Sam's club, bj's, and whole foods
Like I said about Chipotle you get more of a meal then you would if you went to Mc Donalds
but hey it's your body poison it if you want ^^
and yes you were mislead this topic was about going vegetarian for a day is not what earth day is about
Which I totally agree with...
and she then asked what people were doing for earth day

Truth be told boycotting things that are bad for the environment for more then one day will help more
then just going off it for one day then reverting back to the bad habit
It's like a crack head saying "I feel like such a good person I quit crack for a day, and then I went back on it!"

3,200 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Kanashii Sakura Uta
Please, all you "Durhurhur, I'm going to devour 5 steaks on Earth Day and eat out at KFC just to piss the veg*ans off", you're making yourselves look very uneducated. Earth Day isn't even about vegetarianism or veganism, but about raising awareness and appreciation for the Earth's environment. You can STILL eat meat all you want and care about the Earth at the same time. There's no rule saying that you have to ditch meat on Earth Day. So why are you coming in here and making ridiculous topics about anti-veg*anism when Earth Day isn't about that at all?

As a vegetarian myself, I do not care if any of you eat meat. But please, do not insult us veg*ans when we (not including the insane people that shove their dietary views down people's throats) have done nothing to you. Respect my dietary views and I'll respect yours.

On the other hand, what are you doing for Earth Day, fellow forumers? I'm planning on cutting back on my shower time by 5 minutes and decreasing how much water and lighting I use.no no no no no no no no no no no no no on that

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
KFC sounds good.... maybe we will drive 40 minutes to KFC when we finish burning our earth day tires.

9,450 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
stormylane
KFC sounds good.... maybe we will drive 40 minutes to KFC when we finish burning our earth day tires.

How will you be able to drive to KFC when you've burned all your tires?
and also why are you trying to get people riled up and mad at you? xD

Dapper Lunatic

9,750 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Nasc
RainWashesEverythingAway
Nasc
RainWashesEverythingAway
Nasc
RainWashesEverythingAway

win win for everyone ^^

maybe other organic products such as vegetables and dairy products may be that way
but you can easily get organic meat for cheap sometimes even more then you can get at a fast food restauraunt
Like I said about Chipotle you get more of a meal then you would if you went to Mc Donalds
and yes you were mislead this topic was about going vegetarian for a day is not what earth day is about

Truth be told boycotting things that are bad for the environment for more then one day will help more
It's like a crack head saying "I feel like such a good person I quit crack for a day, and then I went back on it!"

*sigh* I said, my own hometown, and admitted to being ignorant about other towns. Whilst on food stamps I was never able to afford a Sam's membership, do not know where to find a BJ's, and found Whole Foods too pricey for my budget. I also wasn't talking about restaurants, never once did I mention them. I know that there are many chain, and even more independent restaurants that one can choose to eat at, where one usually pays twice as much. (I will grant that you get twice as much food, but if you don't have the money, you don't have the money.)

*face palm* Yes, what I was trying to say, and apparently didn't make clear, is that, from reading the topic heading and the first post, I gathered that we were all in agreement that giving up meat was not what Earth Day was about, and that there are other things that we can all agree on that have the very clear point of being good for the Earth, and can continue to do so for more then just 1 day, that we can all agree on.

And comparing meat to crack is a wee bit over-dramatic, and makes it rather difficult to take you seriously. :/

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Nasc
stormylane

stare Earth day tires... good grief.
Doesn't everyone have at least one old tire around the house they save just for the earth day bonfire? neutral

9,450 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
stormylane
Nasc
stormylane

Doesn't everyone have at least one old tire around the house they save just for the earth day bonfire? neutral

Eh? but isn't burning tires bad for the environment
why not recycle them instead? :/

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
Nasc
stormylane
Nasc
stormylane

But then what would we use for our bonfire? eek

9,450 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
RainWashesEverythingAway
Nasc

*sigh* I said, my own hometown, and admitted to being ignorant about other towns. Whilst on food stamps I was never able to afford a Sam's membership, do not know where to find a BJ's, and found Whole Foods too pricey for my budget. I also wasn't talking about restaurants, never once did I mention them. I know that there are many chain, and even more independent restaurants that one can choose to eat at, where one usually pays twice as much. (I will grant that you get twice as much food, but if you don't have the money, you don't have the money.)

*face palm* Yes, what I was trying to say, and apparently didn't make clear, is that, from reading the topic heading and the first post, I gathered that we were all in agreement that giving up meat was not what Earth Day was about, and that there are other things that we can all agree on that have the very clear point of being good for the Earth, and can continue to do so for more then just 1 day, that we can all agree on.

And comparing meat to crack is a wee bit over-dramatic, and makes it rather difficult to take you seriously. :/

Oh trust me if you even knew about half of the stuff they put in factory farm meat....
You'd know why I'm comparing it to crack. sweatdrop
and what about food banks? or an Aldi's?
they have organic meat and they accept EBT and food stamps
all stores accept EBT and food stamps :/
except for alcohol stores but really if your on food stamps you should be getting sober ^^;;
If you can't find something then get on a computer
If you don't have a computer go to the library
There are solutions for things if you'd just look for them....
and I do agree if it's a good solution that you can live with
then you should continue to do it for more then one day not just on earth day.

6,900 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
stormylane
Nasc
stormylane
Nasc
stormylane

LOL

definitely not trees....

or is that acceptable?

9,450 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
stormylane
Nasc
stormylane
Nasc
stormylane

Um well you could burn something less toxic for one xD
Something that you don't need or no one else needs
Or here's a good idea instead of destroying things for earth day why not help people?
Or do something that will help the environment? :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces