Welcome to Gaia! ::

Darling

EVERY ONE PLEASE READ THIS:

This is NOT a thread about X1 vs. PC gaming.

This is a thread about the PRICE of the X1.

I am not saying that an X1 is BETTER than a PC. I'm saying that you could spend the same amount on a PC and the X1 would surpass a CURRENTLY PRICED PC/PARTS in graphics/performance.

Also I never said I was excited about X1. I actually prefer PC games myself. However I still think that everyone is OVER REACTING at the $499 price. Remember what PS3 cost when it came out? Yeah, it was $599. It went down TREMENDOUSLY, and I expect the X1 to do the same as PCs surpass it's capabilities vs price.

Now everyone stop talking about Wii U and PC and focus on the price. A few of you have done so, but most of you are QQing about your PC being better. Honestly; you all are more stubborn than a bull.

Virgo Whiskers

My fiance wanted to add this to your comments; "There's nothing wrong with that.- what's wrong with that? That's what you're supposed buy games. Who cares if you can't share with your friend? It's just like iTunes.

You pay $499 for an X1; You pay $50 for a game; if you can't afford to pay for internet as well then what's the point? It's cheap, even if you have dial up that's all you need. In fact, you can even use your phone's 4G to make a hot spot to connect. And don't say "Oh but I don't have a phone, I can't afford it," then why are you buying an xBox?

Thirdly; Awesome. Every lap top comes with a web cam now a-days and who's to say those aren't on as well? Just because the light doesn't come on you feel secure?"

Dangerous Hellhound

II a r c II

I have been using your fianceƩ's argument for about a few threads now, and I like it that there's more people with the same view.
If you can't afford it, don't bother. Or start saving.

Darling

Harmonic Heaven
I only bring it up because it is a major edge for Nintendo (I can buy a deluxe bundle + 2 games and not even touch xbox 1's launch price). Their console is cheapest, and they've had their next gen console out for a year. They'll have all of the latest greatest games alongside their competitors with their best games, which are practically all exclusives.

Out of your 40 titles for the Xbox one, most of them are games that are playable on both the Wii U and PS4/PS3. The console itself only has seen 13 exclusive launch titles, and only about 3 appealed to me as a gamer.

I love how first instinct you pull up graphical capabilities, which on the Wii U are stronger than the PS3 (which is... more powerful than your xbox 360?). Nintendo has never had main focus on console power as they do on actual software, and they aren't ticking off their fanbase like Microsoft. They have backwards compatibility, and aren't shoving completely useless features down our throats like we need them.

Also, I've never touched an Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon title in my life, so... lol

Yeah I saw Zelda in your signature there... rofl . You may be right about the Wii U being better than the 360; but you still can't say that it will be better than the X1, which ultimately is why the X1 will be more expensive. It's just like buying sheets for your bed. You can get the cheapest sheets there (still new, clean, and usable) or you can get some high thread count sheets that are a better quality. Sure; it's not EVERYONE'S favorite, but you can't deny that it is a better quality.

As far as backwards compatibility goes; just like XBox and PS their "backwards compatibility" consists of "buy the titles online and download them to your console". Don't tell me the Wii U has slots for cartridges so we can play Mario 64 or even Link To The Past.

Darling

Lord Akhenaton
II a r c II
Lord Akhenaton
Actually a PC will be faster than the X1 in terms of price if we want to talk performance. This will work better than the consoles today and probably the next gen consoles. What needs to be understood about the PC is that the lowest setting on a game is the console setting.

Looking at the video card you chose; X1 is winning out. The X1 graphics card is equivalent to a Radeon 7790; which is far better than your GeForce GT 640.

Not to mention when I tried to find your Motherboard specs on AMD it's not even on their website anymore (old??)

Also while your RAM matches X1, you would have no way of matching up CPU power vs. CPU/GPU because the PC can't even have a GPU....

So go find a GeForce (GTX 780 perhaps) that actually compares and add that in to your price, and some other parts that are still recent enough to find on the manufacturer's websites; instead of getting on NewEgg and finding all the cheapest PC parts you can find and throwing them together.

Harmonic Heaven
I could pick up a Wii U and a few games for much less than this, and Microsoft didn't show many titles that are worth the price point.

First; this topic literally has NOTHING to do with Wii U. But if you want to compare I can guarantee the Wii U can't hold a candle to the graphics an X1 or even a 360 has.

Secondly; there are already 40 titles prepared for X1 and many of them looked quite worth the price. Maybe not to you because you like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing, but to people who like action, realistic game play, and MMO capability... X1 > Wii U.

You are overestimating the power of these consoles. You are also not accurately reading the specs of the X1. The 8-core provides no specifications and the GPU is exaggerated. The PS4 was said to be on par with mid-grade gaming PC's and that is expected to outperform X1. The problem also is that the GPU and CPU will be integrated into one with the X1. That causes a split in the performance of each. AKA, the processor will not be on par with an AMD 8-core and an 8-core can't compete with an i3. Consoles are so vastly inferior to PC's, it isn't even funny.
In all fairness, the Xbox and PS4 are going to be in the realm of a 7850. Nice, but not impressive.

Did you even read the specs of the parts the guy posted, or are you just here to bash on the X1 price, too, disregarding all comments? I was bringing up those points SPECIFIC TO WHAT HE HAD POSTED. I will only say this ONE more time; I never said that an X1 is BETTER than a top of the line gaming PC. I said that a PC with the SAME price as the X1 (CURRENT MARKET TODAY) would not be as good.
Lord Akhenaton
II a r c II
Lord Akhenaton
Actually a PC will be faster than the X1 in terms of price if we want to talk performance. This will work better than the consoles today and probably the next gen consoles. What needs to be understood about the PC is that the lowest setting on a game is the console setting.

Looking at the video card you chose; X1 is winning out. The X1 graphics card is equivalent to a Radeon 7790; which is far better than your GeForce GT 640.

Not to mention when I tried to find your Motherboard specs on AMD it's not even on their website anymore (old??)

Also while your RAM matches X1, you would have no way of matching up CPU power vs. CPU/GPU because the PC can't even have a GPU....

So go find a GeForce (GTX 780 perhaps) that actually compares and add that in to your price, and some other parts that are still recent enough to find on the manufacturer's websites; instead of getting on NewEgg and finding all the cheapest PC parts you can find and throwing them together.

Harmonic Heaven
I could pick up a Wii U and a few games for much less than this, and Microsoft didn't show many titles that are worth the price point.

First; this topic literally has NOTHING to do with Wii U. But if you want to compare I can guarantee the Wii U can't hold a candle to the graphics an X1 or even a 360 has.

Secondly; there are already 40 titles prepared for X1 and many of them looked quite worth the price. Maybe not to you because you like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing, but to people who like action, realistic game play, and MMO capability... X1 > Wii U.

You are overestimating the power of these consoles. You are also not accurately reading the specs of the X1. The 8-core provides no specifications and the GPU is exaggerated. The PS4 was said to be on par with mid-grade gaming PC's and that is expected to outperform X1. The problem also is that the GPU and CPU will be integrated into one with the X1. That causes a split in the performance of each. AKA, the processor will not be on par with an AMD 8-core and an 8-core can't compete with an i3. Consoles are so vastly inferior to PC's, it isn't even funny.
In all fairness, the Xbox and PS4 are going to be in the realm of a 7850. Nice, but not impressive.

lol you sound like a PC elitist

Fluffy Creature

II a r c II
As far as backwards compatibility goes; just like XBox and PS their "backwards compatibility" consists of "buy the titles online and download them to your console". Don't tell me the Wii U has slots for cartridges so we can play Mario 64 or even Link To The Past.

Wii discs can be played on the Wii U. Like how PS2 played PS1 games, and the initial run of PS3s played PS1 and PS2 games.
The Pillow Humper
Lord Akhenaton
II a r c II
Lord Akhenaton

Harmonic Heaven

lol you sound like a PC elitist
Just because I PC game does not mean I am better than anyone and just because the PC is better than the console, does not mean it's a personal attack on console gamers.

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
499 USD is far too expensive for all the s**t I don't like (required Kinect, 24-hr authentication, and all that jazz).

Especially since I have no idea how the X-Box Live plan is going to work with the XBO. If it works anything like it does in the current generation (which is basically paying internet atop of your regular internet), then no thanks to the max.

Rogue

I think it's a decent price for what you're getting. I just wish you weren't forced to purchase a Kinect and a capture card. Those two things are adding at least $200. Without them, I bet the console itself would only be between $250-$300, which is much more reasonable.

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
II a r c II
EVERY ONE PLEASE READ THIS:

This is NOT a thread about X1 vs. PC gaming.

This is a thread about the PRICE of the X1.

I am not saying that an X1 is BETTER than a PC. I'm saying that you could spend the same amount on a PC and the X1 would surpass a CURRENTLY PRICED PC/PARTS in graphics/performance.

Also I never said I was excited about X1. I actually prefer PC games myself. However I still think that everyone is OVER REACTING at the $499 price. Remember what PS3 cost when it came out? Yeah, it was $599. It went down TREMENDOUSLY, and I expect the X1 to do the same as PCs surpass it's capabilities vs price.

Now everyone stop talking about Wii U and PC and focus on the price. A few of you have done so, but most of you are QQing about your PC being better. Honestly; you all are more stubborn than a bull.

Virgo Whiskers

My fiance wanted to add this to your comments; "There's nothing wrong with that.- what's wrong with that? That's what you're supposed buy games. Who cares if you can't share with your friend? It's just like iTunes.

You pay $499 for an X1; You pay $50 for a game; if you can't afford to pay for internet as well then what's the point? It's cheap, even if you have dial up that's all you need. In fact, you can even use your phone's 4G to make a hot spot to connect. And don't say "Oh but I don't have a phone, I can't afford it," then why are you buying an xBox?

Thirdly; Awesome. Every lap top comes with a web cam now a-days and who's to say those aren't on as well? Just because the light doesn't come on you feel secure?"

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you were excited about the system and so I was curious on your thoughts. No need to get your panties in a bunch. I wasn't trying to bash on you or anything. Geez...

Also, I just want to mention that it requires more than an internet connection. In order to have internet on your Xbox, you have to subscribe to Xbox live, which is a service that costs money. And if your internet goes down, you can't play the Xbox.

And I like buying used games. It saves me a lot of money. I'm patient, wait a year after the game comes out, and pick it up used for $20.. that's actually what a huge portion of the market does. This isn't about not being able to borrow games.

And I don't use a laptop. So I feel secure no matter what, not that I think that people would be spying on my with it, or with the kinect for that matter.. it's just an issue some people have.

And, as a final point, I have to say..

PS4 for $399

Invisible Friend

II a r c II

Yeah I saw Zelda in your signature there... rofl . You may be right about the Wii U being better than the 360; but you still can't say that it will be better than the X1, which ultimately is why the X1 will be more expensive. It's just like buying sheets for your bed. You can get the cheapest sheets there (still new, clean, and usable) or you can get some high thread count sheets that are a better quality. Sure; it's not EVERYONE'S favorite, but you can't deny that it is a better quality.

Let's ditch the dumb analogy and get to the point:
The system is only worth it if it takes advantage of its graphical power and deals out decent titles. Now I would never expect a console to take full advantage of its hardware early on, but I don't really care if it does so long as its games are fun. Games should never be visuals > gameplay... ever.

Backwards compatibility is just a great way to get people to buy a new console. I'm more prone to ditch my Xbox 360 if I can still play my 360 games while also enjoying the next gen titles. It's a nice service to those who can't automatically buy a $499 console at launch without trade-in bonuses. Now those same people will have to save their money up for a whole year or simply skip out. Meanwhile, a Wii U or 3DS owner can play games from the NES and sell their Wii.

Also, as far as your rant about me bringing up the Wii U goes, I only brought it up to make a point about the price. A cheaper console that can play most of the newest games and has exclusives of its own catches eyes more than a $499 Xbox 1. One year in the market leaves one extra year to develop a decent library before the competition, and we'll probably see the bulk of that holiday library tomorrow.

Thieving Cat

11,800 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Don't forget the Cost of Playing online. emotion_kirakira

Muscular Bachelor

It's almost $150 more in Europe. neutral

Lonely Loiterer

The price of X1 is the same as PS3's launch price. Which is $100 more than the 360's launch price. Seems reasonable enough, to me.

All the features X1 is going to have probably warrants the price (capture card, kinect, TV stuff, etc.), but I never wanted those features in the first place. :/

They'd have to have my fav series as an exclusive or no go. And even then, not until the price is much lower.

Edit: For those worrying about Xbox live and the internet requirement, realize that being connected to the internet and being able to play a game online are not the same thing, at least in the 360's case (Not sure yet if X1 changes this). You pay for Xbox Live currently to be able to do online multiplayer and party chat. However, you can still be connected to the internet using a silver subscription, which is free, where you can still make purchases online the 360, just no online multiplayer or party chat.

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
I don't know why so many downvotes for this person's topic, but I was quite pleased with the price when I heard it. 3nodding I was even more pleased with Sony's price, though, when I heard that. mrgreen

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff