Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sorry Xbox Fans :(

It's ok... I understand 0.16216216216216 16.2% [ 6 ]
F***K EVERYONE I LOVE THE XBOX! XBOX ONE FOR THE WIN! 0.054054054054054 5.4% [ 2 ]
I'm a Playstation/Nintendo Fanboy Whoo! 0.51351351351351 51.4% [ 19 ]
PC GAMERS ARE THE ULTIMATE RACE 0.27027027027027 27.0% [ 10 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]
1 2 >

Dedicated Gaian

11,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
Yup, another Xbox One is terrible console for blah blah reasons thread. But with one slight differences, I show off each point with pictures! biggrin Feel free to add points, or comment on how you disagree.

1. Xbox One is $100 more expensive then the PS4
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

2. The console cannot run in every region at launch

3. The Xbox One cannot run in every STATE at launch

4. Don Mattrick stated in a snobby comment that if you don't have internet you should simply play a Xbox 360 instead. (You heard him, if you want to play next gen games buy a PS4 or a Wii U instead!)

5.You have to be connected to the internet every 24 hours to play the Xbox One (So if your internet goes out for a day or you fail to pay the bill, Microsoft is punishing you by not being able to play video games.)

6. The Kinect must be plugged in at all times (A peripheral most people don't care for is being forced upon you at purchase.)

7. Someone could easily walk into your room and yell out Xbox Turn Off

8. The Xbox One's strict DRM (Won't go into detail, you know what it contains.)

9. Indie Developers can't self publish, and makes them pay to update their games, hurting future game developers by keeping them from unable releasing their game on the platform. (Bad juju for the overall industry.)

10. Using DRM to avoid used game sales. Here's a solution from Nintendo of America President Reggie: "Make better games to avoid used games problems."

11. You can't freely trade/give away your used games to friends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kWSIFh8ICaA

12. Microsoft employees going to the Best Buy's Nintendo E3 Experience to talk about the Xbox One

13. If your banned from Xbox Live for whatever reason, you lose the access to your games. (Microsoft still has not given a straight answer about this, may vary)

14. Microsoft can't give out clear answers about the Xbox One sometimes contradicting themselves.

15. The PS4 has better hardware specs then the Xbox One

16. Food for thought: Every single Xbox incarnation (the original, 360, and one) are not Gaming Consoles, they have always been ENTERTAINMENT CONSOLES. So next time your friends ask what game console you own, if you only own a Xbox you technically don't own a gaming console.
Fun picture:

17. Microsoft used High End Gaming PC's to demonstrate the Xbox One and it's capabilities

If anyone wants to add on to this feel free to post a reason why the Xbox One has a flaw that hasn't been stated yet, use this code:

-Legitimate reasoning: and explaination-
[spoiler]-image here-[/spoiler]
I just realized they excluded every single asian country.

Holy ********. that's a whole new level of marketing fail.

Dedicated Gaian

11,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
Bluedanubeschiff

Well doesn't China have a no game console law? But the other countries.. Yeah...
Illucio
Bluedanubeschiff

Well doesn't China have a no game console law? But the other countries.. Yeah...

Well they still lose Japan, India, and Saudi.

Texting Emoter

The new xbox is an epic fail that just about everyone and their dog will waste money on eventually just for one game or another. So really they won't lose any money over this insanity, infact with some of the games rumored to be coming out they will probably make more as people sit around complaining about how dumb the xbox one they just bought is, as they are playing it. I've also noticed that there are no threads about the ouya.

Noob

not all of the facts you stated are true, though most of them are lol
i've been looking at articles about the Xbone and the PS4 and I must say, M$ is a bunch of idiots just digging a really deep hole trying to "fix" their mess.
Bluedanubeschiff

They don't have a market there, Japan has never been a huge fan of Xbox and a lot of countries won't allow the kinect.

Lonely Raider

Illucio
Bluedanubeschiff

To an extent that's true... Nintendo handhelds are available there (though there's a ridiculous amount of knock offs) and Nintendo's official name in China is Ique I believe. Also, the ban is rumored to be soon lifted in China. Even if it isn't there are gaming cafe's where all the console's are open to be played legally.
Proof picture (Yes, it's an exclusive 3ds xl only for China; Japan didn't even get it. There are two other exclusive designs too.) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Pix Jen
The new xbox is an epic fail that just about everyone and their dog will waste money on eventually just for one game or another. So really they won't lose any money over this insanity, infact with some of the games rumored to be coming out they will probably make more as people sit around complaining about how dumb the xbox one they just bought is, as they are playing it. I've also noticed that there are no threads about the ouya.

Its not an epic fail if people still waste money on it. That means its an epic success, but fails to meet your standards. The XB1 is no more dumber than the PS4, its just not what a single adult person may want out of a system.
If you don't mind, I'm going to argue the unimportance of all 17 of your points. From my perspective, I'm an adult that doesn't mind spending money, and wants to play video games in America.
Quote:
1. Xbox One is $100 more expensive then the PS4
Don't care. The consoles are already expensive, and $100 isn't that much. Hell, the games I buy are $60 each, and I still buy them. There is no "getting a better deal" when buying a new console. Sometimes you just need to suck it up.
Quote:
2. The console cannot run in every region at launch
I don't care. It plays in mine, and thus isn't really a flaw for me.
Quote:
3. The Xbox One cannot run in every STATE at launch
I don't care. I live in a state that allows it, and my internet service isn't that bad.

Quote:
4. Don Mattrick stated in a snobby comment that if you don't have internet you should simply play a Xbox 360 instead. (You heard him, if you want to play next gen games buy a PS4 or a Wii U instead!)
Is this "hypocrisy"? You dare point out the "snobbyness" of XB people, yet I keep seeing snobby s**t from PS. In fact, PS4's fanbase HAS ONLY GOTTEN MORE SNOBBY since E3. Look at this thread.

Quote:
5.You have to be connected to the internet every 24 hours to play the Xbox One (So if your internet goes out for a day or you fail to pay the bill, Microsoft is punishing you by not being able to play video games.)
Won't affect me. My internet is not likely to go out, seeing how I'm both a: 1. Responsible adult who pays my bills. 2. A responsible adult that lives in an area where the power will most likely not go out for more than a day.

If the power does go out for a day, then I suppose that playing video games would not be on my priority list. I fail to see what is actually wrong with this, and I doubt Microsoft is going to punish me.

Quote:
6. The Kinect must be plugged in at all times (A peripheral most people don't care for is being forced upon you at purchase.)
Don't care, and I see myself benefiting from this. I've wanted to try the Kinect anyway, and this doesn't sound so bad. If I don't use it, then I am not really losing out on anything.

Quote:
7. Someone could easily walk into your room and yell out Xbox Turn Off

Not likely to happen. Hypothetical situations almost never appeal to me. On the brighter note, someone can go into your room and take a bat, smashing your PS4. Where is your PS4's protective covering?
+1 flaw for PS4

Quote:
8. The Xbox One's strict DRM (Won't go into detail, you know what it contains.)
I'm not bothered.

Quote:
9. Indie Developers can't self publish, and makes them pay to update their games, hurting future game developers by keeping them from unable releasing their game on the platform. (Bad juju for the overall industry.)
I'm not bothered. I don't like Indie games, unless we are talking about Slenderman. I am pretty sure the majority of XB purchasers couldn't give 2 shits about this one.

Quote:
10. Using DRM to avoid used game sales. Here's a solution from Nintendo of America President Reggie: "Make better games to avoid used games problems."
Not a flaw, its just an alternative solution. The President of Nintendo seems to have a few flaws; no matter how good the game is, it will still be sold back by someone, thus losing money to the company.
+1 flaw for Nintendo

Quote:
11. You can't freely trade/give away your used games to friends.
Why would I want to give/trade my games to my friends? My friends sound like selfish, cheap assholes who need to go purchase the game if they want to play it. This helps the world go round; sharing is not caring. This does not bug me one bit. I don't think this affects the majority of gamers, but who is keeping tabs?

Quote:
12. Microsoft employees going to the Best Buy's Nintendo E3 Experience to talk about the Xbox One
And Sony and their fans keep posting s**t about how much "better" their system is. If PS4 is getting that kind of attention, then we shouldn't be surprised by the unethical behavior of XB too.
Quote:
13. If your banned from Xbox Live for whatever reason, you lose the access to your games. (Microsoft still has not given a straight answer about this, may vary)
Argument is self defeating. Look at parenthesis.

Quote:
14. Microsoft can't give out clear answers about the Xbox One sometimes contradicting themselves.
That's because the console isn't being produced on a mass scale. Its likely that they are still working on some things, and won't give clear "answers" until thy know for sure. Politicians often contradict what they say because their opinions change; their opinions change because they are adapting. I don't see this as a flaw, I see this as an issue that is related to the XB1 not being a finished product yet.

Quote:
15. The PS4 has better hardware specs then the Xbox One
I've heard they are roughly the same, and the difference really isn't all that much. I won't give you a mark down, because I do think that however small the difference is, there is a difference. It just doesn't matter that much to me. The console isn't JUST about specs.

Quote:
16. Food for thought: Every single Xbox incarnation (the original, 360, and one) are not Gaming Consoles, they have always been ENTERTAINMENT CONSOLES. So next time your friends ask what game console you own, if you only own a Xbox you technically don't own a gaming console.
Except that it is a gaming console.
+1 lack of common sense

Quote:
17. Microsoft used High End Gaming PC's to demonstrate the Xbox One and it's capabilities
I don't really care to be honest. Yes, it might be dishonest, but I'm doubting the actual effect that this has.

Total:
-16 Flaws
+1 lack of common sense
+1 Flaws for the PS4
+1 Faws for the Nintendo company

Noob

Call me paranoid, but seriously, the only reason they're coming out with this is to watch and listen to people 24/7. It's just another invasion of privacy in America today.
Like really, why do they need to make another? It has absolutely 0 advancements from 360, and is obviously constructed to be a pain in the a**.
PS4 all the way. I'll be able to play Dragon Age: Inquisition on it's all I need.

Shy Gaian

10,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Thar's why I stick with Sony consoles. Playstation has always been my favorite console and always will be.

Dedicated Gaian

11,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
Henry Hobo-Master

Basically what I got out of your post is that you don't care how the company treats you as a customer/client, or what the console does or can do as long as you can sit down and play your game?

Or what my friends say, "You don't care if you get bend over backwards and raped as long as you enjoyed it. It's not rape because you enjoyed it."

*Shakes hand*
You sir are a true gamer and a gamer that is easily taken advantage of.
Illucio
Henry Hobo-Master

Basically what I got out of your post is that you don't care how the company treats you as a customer/client, or what the console does or can do as long as you can sit down and play your game?

Or what my friends say, "You don't care if you get bend over backwards and raped as long as you enjoyed it. It's not rape because you enjoyed it."

*Shakes hand*
You sir are a true gamer and a gamer that is easily taken advantage of.

I find your condescending personality annoying. I'm not ignoring how they are treating me. Rather, they are not treating me bad. While you see these things as flawed, I recognize them as neutral. It seems like you keep inferring that Microsoft is somehow treating me less, which I don't really find amusing.

I find that you are curiously hypocritical. On top of that, you seem to be the "true gamer" of what Sony envisions; an a** that just won't shut up. Rape has nothing to do with this, and your points assume that everyone shares your values and perspectives.

Faulty logic is faulty.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces