Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Gawker

5,900 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
So if you have not see it already, here is the interview of angry joe's interview of major nelson where he tries to get answers to some generally avoided questions.

Demonic Defender

16,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
Already seen this and his rants about the xBone,I love his videos. ninja nelson is still a p***k and I don't get why people call him nice.

Enduring Lunatic

6,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Signature Look 250
ANGRY ARMY~~~!!!!

Lazy Krampus

12,300 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
I find it hilarious that Microsoft doesn't seem to give a s**t they will be breaking UK law.

Gambino Businessman

12,450 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I love how Major Nelson gets really defensive when Joe brings up Steam.

Dangerous Loiterer

Bob Dobbs
I find it hilarious that Microsoft doesn't seem to give a s**t they will be breaking UK law.
Which law? Haven't seen anything about this.
IIwizardeigesII
nelson is still a p***k and I don't get why people call him nice.

He's a bit arrogant, but he's not as smarmy or dislikable as Don Mattrick.

Lazy Krampus

12,300 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Caerthakatha
Bob Dobbs

Angry Joe even mentions it in the video.

UsedSoft GmbH v Oracle International Corp.
Quote:
in the event of the resale of a user licence entailing the resale of a copy of a computer program downloaded from the copyright holder's website, that licence having originally been granted by that rightholder to the first acquirer for an unlimited period in return for payment of a fee intended to enable the rightholder to obtain a remuneration corresponding to the economic value of that copy of his work, the second acquirer of the licence, as well as any subsequent acquirer of it, will be able to rely on the exhaustion of the distribution right under Article 4(2) of that directive, and hence be regarded as lawful acquirers of a copy of a computer program within the meaning of Article 5(1) of that directive and benefit from the right of reproduction provided for in that provision.

Source

If the distribution rights are exhausted in the first sale,

how can they charge a fee for used games? (source)

Why can you can only give a game once to a friend and they have to have been on your list for 30 days and it can only be given out once.

Either they would have to have an entirely different policy for EU or they wouldn't be able to sell the Xbox one in EU at all.

Games Licensing on Xbox One

Lonely Phantom

Bob Dobbs

WHO CARES ABOUT UK LAW!?

Lazy Krampus

12,300 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
PatrioticPaladin
Bob Dobbs

WHO CARES ABOUT UK LAW!?

The people in the UK, but that's a wild guess.

Did Gaia change the rule where signatures have to be less than 100,000 Bytes or is that still in effect?

Lonely Phantom

Bob Dobbs
PatrioticPaladin
Bob Dobbs

WHO CARES ABOUT UK LAW!?

The people in the UK, but that's a wild guess.

Did Gaia change the rule where signatures have to be less than 100,000 Bytes or is that still in effect?

Why do you ask?
Bob Dobbs
Caerthakatha
Bob Dobbs

Angry Joe even mentions it in the video.

UsedSoft GmbH v Oracle International Corp.
Quote:
in the event of the resale of a user licence entailing the resale of a copy of a computer program downloaded from the copyright holder's website, that licence having originally been granted by that rightholder to the first acquirer for an unlimited period in return for payment of a fee intended to enable the rightholder to obtain a remuneration corresponding to the economic value of that copy of his work, the second acquirer of the licence, as well as any subsequent acquirer of it, will be able to rely on the exhaustion of the distribution right under Article 4(2) of that directive, and hence be regarded as lawful acquirers of a copy of a computer program within the meaning of Article 5(1) of that directive and benefit from the right of reproduction provided for in that provision.

Source

If the distribution rights are exhausted in the first sale,

how can they charge a fee for used games? (source)

Why can you can only give a game once to a friend and they have to have been on your list for 30 days and it can only be given out once.

Either they would have to have an entirely different policy for EU or they wouldn't be able to sell the Xbox one in EU at all.

Games Licensing on Xbox One

There is a way to overcome that tiny issue with politicians

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff