Welcome to Gaia! ::

Criniti
Kal-El Superman
Nintendo is... Well, noone important cares about Nintendo.

Not putting ya down or anything, but looks like you don't really have a valid reason for nintendo. Seems more like a quick dodge or excuse because you couldn't really think of a way to put them down. Truth is, they're coming out with some pretty good games this year. Also E3 this year was one of the better ones I've seen in the last few years. whee
No, their reason is Microsoft's reason and half of Sony's reason combined. I was just being funny.

They're reusing old series, and taking from other consoles when they can't get by on that.
Very hypocritical for Superman to be accusing something else of being milked or running out of creativity.
M. the Gamer
Very hypocritical for Superman to be accusing something else of being milked or running out of creativity.

Very Hypocritical for some one who proclaims themselves as " The Mightiest Gamer " When I'd own you in any game..

Gallant Hero

10,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kal-El Superman
Criniti
Kal-El Superman

Not putting ya down or anything, but looks like you don't really have a valid reason for nintendo. Seems more like a quick dodge or excuse because you couldn't really think of a way to put them down. Truth is, they're coming out with some pretty good games this year. Also E3 this year was one of the better ones I've seen in the last few years. whee
No, their reason is Microsoft's reason and half of Sony's reason combined. I was just being funny.

They're reusing old series, and taking from other consoles when they can't get by on that.

And the others haven't done that before?

Let's face it; all three are recycling MOST of their ideas and series at this point.

There are only a few small differences, which are all in the way each of their consoles operate.

Most of said differences are on Nintendo's shoulders, for not only exploring more into the casual gaming market than the others did[for better or worse with core gamers, but it helped their pocket book and continues to do so], but for also being the first to explore into motion controls as a gaming mechanism with the ancient peripheral called the Power Glove, only to expand upon that idea later via the Wiimote.

Let's take a look at the catch-up game real quick:

On one side, both Sony and Micro took the idea from Nintendo to start getting serious about motion controls after seeing the Wii's ideas for it and the sales it generated, even if the hard-core crowd hated it.
And now that the hype for it is dying out, Nintendo is back-pedaling and going into being at least a little bit less about motion, thanks to the new WiiU's controller which focuses more on button and touch-screen use than motion in most of the games we've seen so far, and upgraded specs.
And while they back-pedal, Sony and Micro flounder in a crowd that is almost entirely disenchanted with motion controls, who desire to see a more subtle mix instead of a full-out focus.[Micro is in a worse position than Sony on this one, IMO, but they'll both survive this. They always have and always will.]

While on the flip side, Nintendo's habit of biding their time worked against them in terms of hardware capabilities, as well as lack-luster online gaming support and a lot of negligence when it comes to core gaming genres[RPG's and Shooters, in particular, were lack-luster. Present, but lack-luster, with a few shining gems hidden in the rough], and now they are seeking to follow in the footsteps of the other two by upgrading what their machine is capable of.
All we've got so far is a report that it is going to be at least 50% more powerful than a PS3, but that's just a preliminary report.
And while they are playing catch-up, both Sony and Micro still make a decent living off of said advantages.

In the end, as pointed out above, there's no shortage of people playing "Anything you can do...." in the gaming industry of today.
The best we can do is roll with the punches, toss out our disdain or praise as we see fit, and hope that the big-wigs will someday get things right as far as gaming for everyone both casual and hard-core goes.

2,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
well. it all came to this:

all three made same games but they say "better".
we scream like a JB #1 fan for the event even before they made the convention.
then we got mad cause of the shitty it was.
but later were gonna forget all of this problem and buy our self a game or two.

I honestly believe they're even making these videogames. so I prefer being quiet and enjoy a good old Zelda: Ocarina of Time in 3D. stare
Ionclast Requiem
Druddigon
Fact:all 3 company's use old franchise to keep there consoles alive.Nintendo is Mario,Microsoft is Halo,Sony is Ratchet and Killzone.you guys use the term milk wrong

I'm pretty sure Nintendo has been milking their franchise for 10 years longer than Sony or Microsoft.

And they have milked successfully. 3nodding
No one cares about Nintendo?
Gee I didn't realize YOU were everyone.
Plus its not like nintendo has sold more games than any other company or anything like that...oh wait they have!
Just because Microsoft and Sony didn't do much doesn't mean you need to cry about it and say E3 sucked!

Phantom

you must be a hella picky gamer...
fu8e4rh38yu8u34ky
heart whee cry razz
immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so bored
Delta1038
Skyrim looks good, of course that is just Bethesda doing their job right. I agree though, things like Halo Anniversay and Halo 4 are just more attempts for Microsoft to milk more money out of that over-hyped cash cow
Yeah, I wish they'd stop with Halo. I liked Halo, but no more. Out of E3, the things that excited me were Skyrim (which I was already pumped for) and the PS Vita, since I'm considering getting it when it's out.
Criniti
Kal-El Superman

I could not agree with this more. Just sayin'.
I have to say it does feel like we are just going to gimic's now rather than advancing the industry and E3 once again proved that point

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff