Welcome to Gaia! ::

Like the heading says, what sort of people (and I use the term loosely) would you like to see travelling with the Doctor?

Personally, I think it's about time we had a change from the "human from contemporary Earth" companion. I've nothing against such companions, but having someone who was from the past or the future, or who wasn't even human, would add a dynamic to the series we haven't seen since the old days.

Dangerous Loiterer

I'd enjoy it if they tried to have another stab at having a robotic companion - preferably an android rather than a robotic animal like K-9. Kamelion didn't last because of the technological constraints of the time, and now that technology has moved on and the budget has increased, it would be feasible at least to have an actor portray an android and be partially CGI or prosthetic. It would add some different dynamics to the TARDIS crew, I think, and wouldn't prevent them travelling around different periods in Earth's history like having a noticeably-alien alien companion might do, if they can be disguised as a human for some episodes.

(Or they could just use a Shalka-style Master android...)

Vampiric Vampire

14,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Friendly 100
Hm... Maybe a rogue or con-man sort of like Sabalom Glitz (look him up) was.

A non-human companion would be interesting, but I'd feel sorry for the actor if it required much makeup to be sat through for hours. Part of the reason I'd love to see a Cat-Person companion (You know, like the nuns and the driver in Gridlock (his name escapes me, which is sad because I remember liking his name)), but I don't know if the producers and such would think it feasible.

Space Werewolf

Clare_N
Personally, I think it's about time we had a change from the "human from contemporary Earth" companion. I've nothing against such companions, but having someone who was from the past or the future, or who wasn't even human, would add a dynamic to the series we haven't seen since the old days.

This, this, this. I guess Jack is the only non-contemporary recurring companion the new series has had?
LynnVamp

A non-human companion would be interesting, but I'd feel sorry for the actor if it required much makeup to be sat through for hours.

That's probably one of the reasons all the non-human companions, aside from K-9 and Kamelion (when he wasn't transformed into another character) have outwardly appeared to be human.

Anyway, I was thinking a set of siblings might be interesting as companions. There have been companions who had siblings before, but we've never had any brother/brother, sister/sister or brother/sister companions. The Maitland kids are about as close as we've come.

Devoted Seeker

18,025 Points
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Someone who is blind let see how the dr who does fast running scenes

Witty Werewolf

9,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Big Tipper 100
I agree that they're all the same. I'd like to see a male from another planet. Turlough was great, but it's been a while since we've had a character like him. (I also like that there was a different dynamic with him being against the Doctor at first.)

Sparkly Cosmonaut

Clare_N
Like the heading says, what sort of people (and I use the term loosely) would you like to see travelling with the Doctor?

I've thought the same. It's nice if he mixes up the companions.

Time-traveling Lunatic

I want a alien as a companion or someone from the past. 3nodding

Enduring Gatekeeper

7,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Wall Street 200
Male or set of siblings. A part of me would die for a woman who is a lawyer or police officer and has to learn how to "fix" things versus tearing them down/apart?

Omnipresent Strawberry

Anybody that won't be considered as a romantic interest.

Dangerous Loiterer

Marusenka
Anybody that won't be considered as a romantic interest.
As much as I 100% agree with you, I think the chances of that are about as slim as Jimmy Savile being companion. xD

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
I want to see more Oswin, because she's just so goddamn adorable.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff