Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Explorer

I just watched the movie and thought it was interesting. Paul McGann was great as the Doctor I think. He was funny, random, and charming. The funniest part was when the policeman on the motorcycle drove into the TARDIS and came out yelling!

So why does the movie get such a bad rep? I do realize that the movie didn't have the best plot line but it was still entertaining.

Also, the 8th Doctor mentions that he is half-human. Did he just make that up or is he serious?
I for one haven't watched the movie, but I think most people might not watch it or just consider it bad before even giving it a try because most of the time, movies made after tv series pretty much turn the plot and characters into something the series' fans might not want to see.

Karasunosaki's Prince

Feline Friend

17,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
I liked the movie. It was an awful movie, but it was sort of one of those so bad it's good affairs for me. The set design and camera work were pretty fantastic, though, along with the McGann's acting. American!Camp!Master is even sort of amusing--he's just going through a weird 90's phase, that's all you have to tell yourself.

I'm pretty sure the new series goes on the idea that Eight was BSing about the whole half-human bit. The books take the stance of "lol idunno, what do you want to believe?", as the Doctor's past gets a bit... uncertain at one point. I'm not sure about the audios, though.
scherzofrog
I liked the movie. It was an awful movie, but it was sort of one of those so bad it's good affairs for me. The set design and camera work were pretty fantastic, though, along with the McGann's acting. American!Camp!Master is even sort of amusing--he's just going through a weird 90's phase, that's all you have to tell yourself.

I'm pretty sure the new series goes on the idea that Eight was BSing about the whole half-human bit. The books take the stance of "lol idunno, what do you want to believe?", as the Doctor's past gets a bit... uncertain at one point. I'm not sure about the audios, though.

The movie wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but Eric Roberts trying to be Robert Patrick, circa Terminator 2 was downright laughable to me.
I found the 1996 movie entertaining. When people say they didn't like the movie, make sure that is the one they are talking about.

There are two movies from the 60's Starring Peter Cushing called Dr. Who, in which Cushing plays a human scientist named Dr. Who who builds a time machine he calls T.A.R.D.I.S. and he goes traveling through time with his grandaughters Susan and Barbara and Barbara's boyfriend Ian.

Karasunosaki's Prince

Feline Friend

17,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
x0_FATIMAGIC
scherzofrog

The movie wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but Eric Roberts trying to be Robert Patrick, circa Terminator 2 was downright laughable to me.

And then he shed his leather coat to become a fabulous Gallifreyan butterfly!

Dressing for the occasion indeed.
scherzofrog
x0_FATIMAGIC
scherzofrog

And then he shed his leather coat to become a fabulous Gallifreyan butterfly!

Dressing for the occasion indeed.

Not to mention him repeatedly getting into bad touch territory with Chang Lee for like, half the movie.

I haven't seen much of Romana, but something tells me she wouldn't be caught dead in those things.

Wheezing Fatcat

5,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • First step to fame 200
I liked it as well. It's got that horrible, cheesy 90s feeling to it, but the Doctor's charm more than makes up for that. Paul McGann is sweet, charming, fun, and cute, and though I don't like Grace, I still adore the movie.
Actually, he's always reminded me of Merry or Pippin (from Lord of The Rings) XD

Star Explorer

It's actually pretty hilarious and has the energy and FEEL of the series. Funnily enough, at the last Gallifrey One convention, the main cast was there and did a live commentary on it. They ended up laughing at all the cheesiness. Made me love it more.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff