• Contributor 150
  • Demonic Associate 100
Knitty Witty
xX-Kira-San-Xx
Knitty Witty
xX-Kira-San-Xx
Knitty Witty
Dreamers Requiem
I think he is, the name fits. Also because of Rose Tyler, he's pretty much immortal right? (if I'm wrong please correct)

Not Rose Tyler. Bad Wolf.

Bad wolf wouldn't have been able to do it if Rose hadn't opened the heart of the TARDIS, so in a sense, they needed each other to accomplish this task

Rose Tyler may have opened the heart of the TARDIS, but it was not Rose Tyler who made Jack immortal.

Bad wolf and Rose go hand in hand it seems.

Bad Wolf was an entity unto itself. It would have possessed whomever was closest.

Have you noticed that bad wolf is only in the first season with rose? It doesnt seem to get mentioned after that.

Beloved Regular

8,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
xX-Kira-San-Xx
Knitty Witty
xX-Kira-San-Xx
Knitty Witty
xX-Kira-San-Xx

Bad wolf wouldn't have been able to do it if Rose hadn't opened the heart of the TARDIS, so in a sense, they needed each other to accomplish this task

Rose Tyler may have opened the heart of the TARDIS, but it was not Rose Tyler who made Jack immortal.

Bad Wolf was an entity unto itself. It would have possessed whomever was closest.

Have you noticed that bad wolf is only in the first season with rose? It doesnt seem to get mentioned after that.

Sweetheart, I have noticed. But then again, had the companion at the time been Mickey--it would have been directed at Mickey. Bad Wolf was the overall plot arc for Series One of the revamp. It, like I have said, is an entity of its own.

Yes, it had been Rose in the end, but it was an unspoken character of itself for the majority of the series. Even the Moment (who acted much like Idris with its inability to keep the Doctor's timeline straight), called itself Bad Wolf to the War Doctor.

Dapper Citizen

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Russell T Davies, John Barrowman and David Tennant have all gone on record stating that Jack is indeed the Face of Boe. John and David actually flipped out over how much it makes sense and how perfect it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YDmF4cnA2I

Lucky Fairy

10,175 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
Lord Dragon 2010
xX-Kira-San-Xx
sodium
I thought that was canon.
Though I never understood how one becomes a huge face. Like. He got so old that his head grew too huge. IDGI.

Beats me. o3o
The religious order cut his head off. Took his time travel wrist thing and then River ends up with it. He's immortal to an extent. He as the face of Boe tells the doctor that there is another time lord. Captain Jack Harkness does in fact meet that time lord. The Tardis never lets Jack on board when he and his future self are in danger of meeting. Its not that the tardis doesn't like Jack its that he would have a chance encounter with his future self.

John Barrow man's got a funny theory that Jack just let himself get beheaded by a train then his body walked off sans head. It's in the San Diego Comic Con episode of the nerdist if you're interested. Though the episode probably shouldn't be listened to if you are under 18 or squeamish John is delightfully filthy

Chloride's Husband

Beloved Elder

Lord Dragon 2010
xX-Kira-San-Xx
sodium
Though I never understood how one becomes a huge face. Like. He got so old that his head grew too huge. IDGI.

Beats me. o3o
The religious order cut his head off. Took his time travel wrist thing and then River ends up with it. He's immortal to an extent. He as the face of Boe tells the doctor that there is another time lord. Captain Jack Harkness does in fact meet that time lord. The Tardis never lets Jack on board when he and his future self are in danger of meeting. Its not that the tardis doesn't like Jack its that he would have a chance encounter with his future self.

That still doesn't really answer how his head got HUGE. eek

Beloved Regular

8,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
sodium
Lord Dragon 2010
xX-Kira-San-Xx
sodium

Beats me. o3o

You've heard of Captain Jack's legendary ego, haven't you?

Chloride's Husband

Beloved Elder

Knitty Witty
sodium
Lord Dragon 2010
xX-Kira-San-Xx
sodium

Beats me. o3o

xd Touche.

Beloved Regular

8,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
sodium
Knitty Witty
sodium
Lord Dragon 2010
xX-Kira-San-Xx
sodium

Beats me. o3o

xd Touche.

I mean, that is the only reasonable explanation in my book. Eons and eons of flirtation and admiration for being so dashing and good looking? It'll make my head swell, too!

Enduring Genius

8,825 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Demonic Associate 100
Knitty Witty
xX-Kira-San-Xx
Knitty Witty
xX-Kira-San-Xx
Knitty Witty
xX-Kira-San-Xx

Sweetheart, I have noticed. But then again, had the companion at the time been Mickey--it would have been directed at Mickey. Bad Wolf was the overall plot arc for Series One of the revamp. It, like I have said, is an entity of its own.

Yes, it had been Rose in the end, but it was an unspoken character of itself for the majority of the series. Even the Moment (who acted much like Idris with its inability to keep the Doctor's timeline straight), called itself Bad Wolf to the War Doctor.

(I think my previous comment was a bit curt. sorry! ^_^ wink It took me a while to realize what bad wolf really ment when i first started watching. I kept seeing it everywhere but it confused me...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff