Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Genius

5,700 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I have noticed a depressingly large amount of people calling the new series of Doctor Who a reboot, its not a reboot; it is a continuation of Classic Who so please refer to it as such; here is a far better written article on the definition of the term reboot http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ContinuityReboot; read it and be educated to use the correct words, also here is a quick outtake for all the lazy people who can't be bothered clicking the link "Averted by Doctor Who, which was revived in 2005, and which bucked the trend by soon establishing that it was a full out continuation of the 1963-89 series, not a reboot or reimagining. To this day, however, some media continue to refer to it as a reimagining, regardless"

Thankyou and go forth into the day armed with the correct terminology.

Obsessive Hoarder

39,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Wry Dealer 500
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
The 8th Doctor stands as the longest serving Doctor (Though the 4th still has the record for tv episodes). While he only shows up in the movie, he's done years and years worth of Doctor Who Audio books. I think a lot of people don't realize that, even though the show ended, the series never did really.

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
After Moffat's time as showrunner it might need a reboot. Maybe only as far back as Ten though.

Dapper Noob

2,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tycoon 200
Luv Peter Capaldi as the new Doctor and I am much enjoying this series than the previous series. Wasn't keen on Matt Smith Doctor. biggrin

Shirtless Vampire

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces