Welcome to Gaia! ::

Xiam
Thats The Question
Are people really saying Jenna-Louise is "not old enough"? Because if so, they are morons of the worst kind.

She is currently 25 years old. Billie Piper was 23 when she was cast as Rose. And Karen Gillan, the one everyone seems to be comparing her too, was 22 when she was cast.

I reserve judgement for when I see her, just like I did with Freema Agyeman, Catherine Tate, Karen Gillan, Arthur Darvil, David Tennant, and Matt Smith.

I don't see why age should even be an issue. I would have thought it immensely cool if Little Amelia was the Doctor's next companion. I mean, he always takes adults, why not kids?

Adric excluded because he acted like an adult even though he was clearly not competent enough to take such responsibility.
Your right it shouldn't matter, I was just pointing out their idiocy.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Thats The Question
Xiam
Thats The Question
Are people really saying Jenna-Louise is "not old enough"? Because if so, they are morons of the worst kind.

She is currently 25 years old. Billie Piper was 23 when she was cast as Rose. And Karen Gillan, the one everyone seems to be comparing her too, was 22 when she was cast.

I reserve judgement for when I see her, just like I did with Freema Agyeman, Catherine Tate, Karen Gillan, Arthur Darvil, David Tennant, and Matt Smith.

I don't see why age should even be an issue. I would have thought it immensely cool if Little Amelia was the Doctor's next companion. I mean, he always takes adults, why not kids?

Adric excluded because he acted like an adult even though he was clearly not competent enough to take such responsibility.
Your right it shouldn't matter, I was just pointing out their idiocy.

And I was agreeing with you. xd

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
I'm not going to judge her till I see her in action.
I've seen so many people bitching that she's 'too young,' when she's older than Karen and Billie were when they were cast...
Honestly folks. Let's see what she's got before we go assuming things? We don't even know what kind of a character she'll be playing yet.
I don't know where people are getting this "she's too young" stuff from, but most of the actors who've played companions were in their early- to mid-twenties when they were cast. And a few, such as Matthew Waterhouse and Sarah Sutton, were still in their teens. So I'd hardly call twenty-five too young to play a companion. In fact, it's the same age Elisabeth Sladen was when she was first cast as Sarah Jane.

Anyway, let's just see how Jenna-Louise's character plays out before we start judging her.

Rainbow Fairy

47,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
I haven't paid much attention to going-ons and hadn't noticed people judging Jenna *shrug*

I try not to make assumption about character before seeing how they play out...

For example:

After the runaway bride, I was wary of Donna, as I didn't see much substance to her in the Christmas Special (she fitted that episode, but I was wary of a series with her).... but The growth Donna had, made her one of my favourite companions.

After David Tennant leaving and us getting Matt Smith... I was wary, as I love Tennant so much, I could see anyone replacing him..... but Matt Smith is great, he plays the doctor so differently, that I don't see him as trying to replace Tennant, but as the next stage in the doctors life... and I will be sad when Matt does decide to move on.

I am wary of Jenna, because of her past acting roles... namely Soaps and Period Drama..... they are very different to Doctor Who, so I can't picture how she will be..... but I'm not going to let that put me off her..... From what I have read, she is going to be a fast paced character that the Doctor will have to keep up with, rather than the other way around... could be fun.

As for age..... I think late teens-twenties is perfectly fine for a companion..... and while I would love to see a younger companion.... I think the writers would be wary of the image that would portray... a little kid going of with a strange adult..... they got away with it with Suzanne as she was his Granddaughter.... the Doctor going off with a kid that isn't a relative could be a little creepy.

Dapper Pants

I think it's fun to speculate on what sort of a companion she will be. We don't have a lot to go on, but I like to extrapolate on what I know to be able to attempt to predict what she'll be like. I know that I'm probably going to be wrong, but that's okay.

Currently, I think that she looks like a sweet girl. And from what I've read, she'll be a fast talker, happy, bubbly, maybe. If she talks faster that Matt, oh that'll be great fun, and I can see her as the Doctor's best friend in a Ten-Donna or Four-Sarah Jane dynamic.

It's just speculation, though, and I reserve the right to be completely and utterly wrong.

So yes, I do judge her, even if I don't know much about her. But it's fun, and I think it's part of the whole hype - coming up with theories, hunting down all the information you can... then, of course, when the show actually comes out, you can say "HA, I was right, I told you so!" or just be horribly wrong and laugh at how silly your ideas were.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff