Welcome to Gaia! ::

Partying Enabler

8,850 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
So, my Brother has been into Doctor Who for a long time and I just recently got into it myself. I was watching a video that talks about the Silence.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWu2C9jIJK4&feature=player_embedded

Now I understand that in the show if you look at them and then look away you can't remember them. But what if you had some one next to you and as you looked at it you explained to them what it looked like. Would that technically work? Or because the monster sends you into this sort of fear that stops your movments, you would never be able to explain it?

Devoted Player

8,475 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Right, the Silence work by using post-hypnotic suggestion. Not only will you forget them when you look away, they can make you do things if they want. For one, it would work on the other person as well and they'd forget entirely. The Doctor uses a method to find out what they look like, putting micro-corders into the palms of his companions' hands as well as his own. Seeing as the Silence can't erase the recordings, they used that method to learn their appearance. They also managed to store a picture on a cell phone, but every time they looked at the image and looked away, they forgot again. So, a recording of a description is the only way you'd ever be able to get their appearance.

Partying Enabler

8,850 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
xRed_King
Right, the Silence work by using post-hypnotic suggestion. Not only will you forget them when you look away, they can make you do things if they want. For one, it would work on the other person as well and they'd forget entirely. The Doctor uses a method to find out what they look like, putting micro-corders into the palms of his companions' hands as well as his own. Seeing as the Silence can't erase the recordings, they used that method to learn their appearance. They also managed to store a picture on a cell phone, but every time they looked at the image and looked away, they forgot again. So, a recording of a description is the only way you'd ever be able to get their appearance.

Hmmm, I guess that makes sense. Seems complex, but makes sense.
Thanks

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces