Welcome to Gaia! ::

So wanted to share this. About a year ago, I created this poster and sent it for professional printing at (full 27x40) movie poster size. A limited batch of three prints (+1 proof copy) were made. Two and the proof were given away as gifts. The remaining print was then shipped to the UK in August of 2013, where it is in the hands of Tenth Planet Events, who hosts many Doctor Who signing events throughout the year. I have continued to pay for this poster to be signed at every event with the intention of eventually getting 82-86 signatures on it.

User Image

So far, the poster has been signed (or has already been arranged to be signed at an upcoming event*) by the following:
William Russell - Ian Chesterton
*Maureen O’Brien - Vicki Pallister - To be signed on September 13th
Peter Purves - Steven Taylor
Jean Marsh - Sara Kingdom
Anneke Wills - Polly
Frazer Hines - Jamie McCrimmon
Deborah Watling - Victoria Waterfield
Wendy Padbury - Zoe Heriot
John Levene - John Benton
Katy Manning - Jo Grant
Richard Franklin - Mike Yates
*Tom Baker - 4th Doctor - To be signed on September 13th
Louise Jameson - Leela
*Lalla Ward - Romana II - To be signed on September 20th
Mathew Waterhouse - Adric
Sarah Sutton - Nyssa
Janet Fielding - Tegan Jovanka
Peter Davison - 5th Doctor
Mark Strickland - Vislor Turlough
Nicola Bryant - Peri Brown
Colin Baker - 6th Doctor
*Sylvester McCoy - 7th Doctor - To be signed on May 3rd
*Sophie Aldred - Dorthy “Ace” McShane - To be signed on May 3rd
Paul McGann - 8th Doctor
Daphne Ashbrook - Grace Holloway
Billie Piper - Rose Tyler
Simon Fisher-Becker - Dorium Maldovar
Dan Starkey - Strax
*Kai Owen - Rhys Williams (Torchwood) - To be signed on October 24th-26th
Tom Price - Andy Davidson(Torchwood)
*Anjli Mohindra - Rani Chandra (Sarah Jane Adventures) - To be signed on April 5th

That will be 31 signatures so far. Plus, there will be more! I'm waiting for confirmation on more guests and for more events to get announced in 2014. It's been a good year so far and an amazing start to this signature poster. I assume it will take me several more years to track down everyone... but its worth the time and expense.

If you are interested in collecting Doctor Who autographs, you really should check out Tenth Planet Events (Google them). They sell signed photos much cheaper than you would find them on ebay and you know they are legit because they host the signings themselves. They also allow you to send personal items (like this poster), which is the only way an American like me would be able to get this poster signed by so many UK actors.

One final note: This poster is NOT for sale. Despite the ever increasing value of it, I have no intention of ever trying to make a profit off of it. This is a show piece in my own collection and I fully intend to keep it there. smile
That is really cool. I envy you, mate. Good luck on your quest.
Cheers smile

Vampiric Vampire

14,350 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Friendly 100
That's a lot of good signatures.

I know James Marsters attends a LOT of conventions in the US, but I'm not sure about the UK.
Let's see.. it's a real pity a few of those in the pictures are no longer with us, even having left relatively recently. :/

I wish you the best of luck in catching 'em all, so to speak. wink
LynnVamp
That's a lot of good signatures.

I know James Marsters attends a LOT of conventions in the US, but I'm not sure about the UK.

Yeah... He travels with Wizard (who hosts a ton of conventions across the US) so Im confident I can get him pretty easy. John Barrowman also hits a ton of US conventions. There are a few hard that dont sign often that have me nervous, but Im staying optimistic.

For those interested in collecting autographs, I recommend this site:
http://doctorwhoactorappearances.blogspot.com/ It does a pretty good job of trying to track who is signing where and when. smile

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Very cool! Good luck getting everyone you can to sign.

I have a decent number of photos and books autographed by various members of the classic cast and crew from when I used to go to conventions. The ones I remember meeting are Carole Ann Ford, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Katy Manning, John Levene, Tom Baker, Louise Jameson, Mary Tamm, Lalla Ward, Mark Strickson, Peter Davison, Anthony Ainley, Sarah Sutton, Janet Fielding, Nicola Bryant, Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant, Bonnie Langford, Terrance Dicks, and John Nathan-Turner. There may be a few others, I'll have to dig out my collection from the closet.
Ratttking
Very cool! Good luck getting everyone you can to sign.

I have a decent number of photos and books autographed by various members of the classic cast and crew from when I used to go to conventions. The ones I remember meeting are Carole Ann Ford, Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee, Katy Manning, John Levene, Tom Baker, Louise Jameson, Mary Tamm, Lalla Ward, Mark Strickson, Peter Davison, Anthony Ainley, Sarah Sutton, Janet Fielding, Nicola Bryant, Colin Baker, Nicola Bryant, Bonnie Langford, Terrance Dicks, and John Nathan-Turner. There may be a few others, I'll have to dig out my collection from the closet.

Wow, you have some great ones. smile
Yeah, I'll never be able to get Troughton or Pertwee, or even Courtney or Sladen on my poster now sad

But the reason I chose to do a poster (instead of collecting 8x10s) is that my poster will actually make a nice framed piece for my wall, whereas it seems 8x10s always end up in storage. Nobody wants to hang signed 8x10s up unless its business where these people have visited. funny, but true.

Lonely Bookworm

DW - The 10th Doctor
Wow, you have some great ones. smile
Yeah, I'll never be able to get Troughton or Pertwee, or even Courtney or Sladen on my poster now sad

But the reason I chose to do a poster (instead of collecting 8x10s) is that my poster will actually make a nice framed piece for my wall, whereas it seems 8x10s always end up in storage. Nobody wants to hang signed 8x10s up unless its business where these people have visited. funny, but true.

Just a thought, after framing the poster you could try to track down signed 8x10s of the ones who you could not get and hang them around the poster.

They wouldn't be on the poster of course, but you would at least be able to have them in some form.

This is a really cool idea though. biggrin

Dangerous Bookworm

13,975 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Lightbulb 150
oooh so lucky 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash