Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Gaian

does it only block the ad strictly on your side? or does it block the ad on the side of the server where its supposed to be created?
i tried to google this but there seems to be an awful lot of confusion as to what adblock really blocks and on which sides it blocks things on
i know i wont see the ads but does that mean the server on the other end cant send them or what? some clarification as to what adblock can and cannot do on computers would be great and is there a place to really learn more about adblock for computers?
3S3 1024
does it only block the ad strictly on your side? or does it block the ad on the side of the server where its supposed to be created?
It blocks your browser from making the request for the ad in the first place. So it operates strictly on your side.
3S3 1024
i know i wont see the ads but does that mean the server on the other end cant send them or what? some clarification as to what adblock can and cannot do on computers would be great and is there a place to really learn more about adblock for computers?
I don't understand why you're so hung up on this.

When you go to a website, your browser makes a series of requests, for everything on the page. The page itself, then the scripts and the styles, then the images and the ad networks. Adblock simply prevents those requests from ever being made. The same is true of Ghostery.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff