Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Conversationalist

7,250 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
The college I attend is going to participate in the CCDC, we have a regular club but we're using time to speed up the newbies. This is a valuable asset and everything, but it'd be nice to be able to do more at someone's house with more experienced members. Is there any hypervisors/OS (dedicated to virtualization) out there that don't have hardware compatibility issues with consumer hardware?
0XHaruX0
Is there any hypervisors/OS (dedicated to virtualization) out there that don't have hardware compatibility issues with consumer hardware?
I don't understand the question.

Hypervisors work on all hardware that has hardware virtualization. (That is, any relatively recent Intel or AMD chip - anything made in the last 5 years or so.)

So... What, exactly, is the problem you're trying to avoid/work around?

Versatile Conversationalist

7,250 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
That's just it, I have an i7 920 that supports virtualization, but there's no mention of one one vmware's hardware compatibility list. There were only server class processors.
0XHaruX0
That's just it, I have an i7 920 that supports virtualization, but there's no mention of one one vmware's hardware compatibility list. There were only server class processors.
... Because VMWare is meant to be used primarily on servers.

That's just the list of processors they will pick up the phone and help you with. It's not an actual compatibility list.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff