Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Lunatic

Any way to clear up the resolution on the screen? It's all blurry and stuffs and I wanna either use a TV screen for watching movies or use it as my monitor.
What card and what interface to the tv?

Dangerous Lunatic

unicycler
What card and what interface to the tv?

old Radeon 9200SE and it's using one of those single pronged adapters. I forget the name of them, but they're used for video lines from like tape players to tvs and stuff.

Not the Svideo port. this tv set doesn't have an Svideo cable plugin.
Habuki Arcana Kuragari
Any way to clear up the resolution on the screen? It's all blurry and stuffs and I wanna either use a TV screen for watching movies or use it as my monitor.

The resolution will look grainy on a TV. You have to go to the highest resolution your card can possibly produce. Also, you will not have as good quality on your screen as when you use S-Video or RCA Component video.
That's incorrect. Generally with the Radeon cards, any resolution larger than 640x480 will be unreadable. The problem is, for most modern computer usage, 640x480 is unusable. The problem lies in televisions. They are not designed for high-quality, high-resolution video. If you wanted to watch downloaded anime or some-such, you'll notice that the picture looks fine. That's where having the TV-out connected is useful.

The trick is to find a refresh rate that the television will support. Switch your computer to 640x480. If that alone doesn't clear up the picture on the television (remember that the movie will be clearer). If not, then go to Display Properties -> Settings -> Advanced (in Windows XP, it may vary for other Windows version), and play around with the Screen Refresh Rate on the Monitor tab. Be careful though, as setting this to a value your monitor can not display can render the system unusable until you reset it.

There's no reliable way to use a standard television as a monitor.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff