Welcome to Gaia! ::

My new website..COolstuffs biggrin

Timid Genius

7,450 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
maiotaku
Alright, how about a rating for MaiOtaku.com ? It's gotten a lot better over the years, but I'm still stuck on what really needs improved the most. All other sites in the same category are sucky, so it's already the best in that respect...

The biggest visual problem I notice right away is that the fonts are huge. Bigger font sizes usually make a website or print look tacky. The blue links on the forum page should be a different color and font too because they seem like ads almost. Blue Arial links always remind people of ads. Personally I wouldn't sign up for the site because it looks fishy.. as if I'm going to get a virus just by joining.

Gaian

need some feedback for my new website
Tips and Tricks wink
midnight1725
need some feedback for my new website
Tips and Tricks wink

Well I think you can work it out better. It's a simple site, but I think it could be focused on the content.. the SEO articles. I like the site title (I mean few tricks), but I see you use "DailyTips".. I'll use instead "FewTricks" like the domain name is. Also, I would remove the index.php appearing in every link on your site... you know, for SEO purpose! Last thing... just based on my experience; you should focus on one topic at a time. You like to talk and write about SEO? Good! Do it! But focus only on that one. Then when the website go big, you can start adding maybe extra topics.
Here is my personal website:

http://www.wpank.com/

It is the website for the organization I do own. You can find about the works we have done as an organization (videos, shows, etc), then you can find about the Dakoom Project Studio (which is my personal recording project studio). Here is a list of the songs recorded there from 2010 to 2014!

http://www.wpank.com/dakoom-project-studio-from-2010-to-2014.html

It is running on WordPress... and the theme is called Melville (I edited it). Let me know what do you think about it! Thank you!

Heart Seeker

4,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Dakoom
Here is my personal website:

http://www.wpank.com/

It is the website for the organization I do own. You can find about the works we have done as an organization (videos, shows, etc), then you can find about the Dakoom Project Studio (which is my personal recording project studio). Here is a list of the songs recorded there from 2010 to 2014!

http://www.wpank.com/dakoom-project-studio-from-2010-to-2014.html

It is running on WordPress... and the theme is called Melville (I edited it). Let me know what do you think about it! Thank you!

For a quick starters, I love WordPress and is a fan of the system so thank you for using it. c: I've worked with it for a few years now, and it's great. :3

It looked good in general, though there are several things that can be done to make it look more appealing and create better user experience. //sorry for being picky with this stuff//
Perhaps you should start by placing the logo at the top, and have it aligned to the left. Same goes for the page, since when the body is centered with so much space on the side, it feels as if I have to skip something to start reading, and have an empty spot at the end of the page. Maybe a vertical navigation bar for be better? ^^ As for the font, I would personally suggest you use something like Arial, or Helvetica. That font feels like it has too big of a serif, which is rather unfriendly to the eyes. But I'm just the type to like things spacey and 2.0 style and all. XD
The navigation bar is something that is always troubling. Perhaps you could try expanding the body so that everything would fit into one line? Try using a different font as well, or make buttons. :3

As for compliments! I love your choice of background, since gradient or flat colour ones are used a bit far too often, but pattern ones generally blind my eyes. XD However, this one just...doesn't. Also, the logo design is wonderful. <3 The site is very simple, and looked very easy to navigate (though I can't read much), it's very straightforward, without looking boring or sloppy.

//thats it
Eteindre

For a quick starters, I love WordPress and is a fan of the system so thank you for using it. c: I've worked with it for a few years now, and it's great. :3

It looked good in general, though there are several things that can be done to make it look more appealing and create better user experience. //sorry for being picky with this stuff//

I used it also for clients websites! It's incredible. It's fast, easily to code and to use for the users... and it's free. You can also find a lot of good free themes for it.

Perhaps you should start by placing the logo at the top, and have it aligned to the left.

Yes, I think this is something I have to do.

Quote:
Same goes for the page, since when the body is centered with so much space on the side, it feels as if I have to skip something to start reading, and have an empty spot at the end of the page. Maybe a vertical navigation bar for be better? ^^ As for the font, I would personally suggest you use something like Arial, or Helvetica. That font feels like it has too big of a serif, which is rather unfriendly to the eyes. But I'm just the type to like things spacey and 2.0 style and all. XD
The navigation bar is something that is always troubling. Perhaps you could try expanding the body so that everything would fit into one line? Try using a different font as well, or make buttons. :3

I have that navigation problem... yes. Unfortunately that theme that I am using does not have a super navigation system like the one you can find in the new themes around, where you can just adjust the nav however you want it. About the centered text, I like it... and I think that I'll leave it as it is. eek (I use this smile for pretty anything, so don't take it as a conclusion of my phrase intention LOL).
For the fonts, maybe you're right. I never thought at them... I just leaved the default ones that were coming with the Melville theme.

Quote:
As for compliments! I love your choice of background, since gradient or flat colour ones are used a bit far too often, but pattern ones generally blind my eyes. XD However, this one just...doesn't.

I love it too! blaugh

Quote:
Also, the logo design is wonderful. <3 The site is very simple, and looked very easy to navigate (though I can't read much), it's very straightforward, without looking boring or sloppy.

Thanks... it's a simple logo, but it is effective! I made it artistic, becouse my organization only works on the art world, so I tried to blend simplicity with art.

Quote:
//thats it

Thank you so much for your effort on rating/judging my website! I really appreciated it, Eteindre!
aSleepyPanda
Foolish

I give it a 6/10. Its clean and looks like if serves its purpose but it looks like you used a template and I don't really like the font for the text.

Zenseiki

Site number 1 - Games Society

Site number 2 - Self Defence Club

I give the first a 9/10 and the second 10/10. Both are clean and simple. I like that.

I gave the first a 9/10 because the top banner seems to be just floating there and doesn't look nice like that.

I gave the second a 10/10 because everything seems to go together smoothly.

http://various-america.blogspot.com/

Wealthy Noob

6,400 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
rofl
amoch36
technology and fitness : http://various-america.blogspot.com/

Super clean cut , but needs something to make it pop. Although the subject peaks my interest, the site looks boring.

once you do that id give it a B+/A-
simrika
My new website..COolstuffs biggrin

That is a sweet domain name. With some more direction and descriptions added you could have a trendy website with some nice profits imo.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff