Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magnetic Gekko

Aaight ma niggles

I have a problem the fan isn't spinning..

My computer, a HP Pavilion DV6, Beats Audio lappy ain't workin. Just happened out of nowhere.

I bought that can that has pressured air in it, and gave the fan and exhaust openings a few gusts of air, removed the battery, shook it a few times, banged on it a few times and yet nothing is working...

Bad comes to worse, I might have to replace it.

But, is there anything else I could do to fix it before I send it to the shop?

btw I was thinking of buying me one of these little thingys.. (Not exactly, but of the sort.) Would it be helpful at all?

Help would be lovely! <3

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Moofan
I have a problem

My computer, a HP Pavilion DV6, Beats Audio lappy ain't workin. Just happened out of nowhere.

Not really helpful. What is the exact issue? Write us a damn essay if you have to, but tell us exactly what is going on.

Magnetic Gekko

Saruwatari Kooji
The laptops fan isn't spinning..

AutumnWolfgirl's Husband

Friendly Phantom

Moofan
Saruwatari Kooji

Thanks for editing that in.

If that is your only issue, a laptop cooler like the one you have pictured won't resolve the issue. Those things are designed to be used in conjunction with the internal fan...so, while it might get you up and going(if your computer is even booting) it won't actually help in the end.

As for why it isn't working. Is it plugged in? Is there something stuck in it?

In all honesty, I'd recommend taking it to a tech to have them look at it. It's possible the fan needs replaced.

Magnetic Gekko

Saruwatari Kooji
Moofan
Saruwatari Kooji

Thanks for editing that in.

If that is your only issue, a laptop cooler like the one you have pictured won't resolve the issue. Those things are designed to be used in conjunction with the internal fan...so, while it might get you up and going(if your computer is even booting) it won't actually help in the end.

As for why it isn't working. Is it plugged in? Is there something stuck in it?

In all honesty, I'd recommend taking it to a tech to have them look at it. It's possible the fan needs replaced.
I don't think there is anything stuck in it.. I tried shaking it a bit and air blasting it a couple of times.. I might have to get it replaced..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff