Welcome to Gaia! ::

On my macbook.

I've had my macbook since 2009 and this is the first time I've downloaded anything like this.

It was under something called "Macdeals" that snuck in another download.

I deleted the apps that jumped onto my web browsers but I'm worried it's still lurking somewhere on my hard drive.

any suggestions before I take it to the apple store?
Kissin Pink
On my macbook.

I've had my macbook since 2009 and this is the first time I've downloaded anything like this.

It was under something called "Macdeals" that snuck in another download.

I deleted the apps that jumped onto my web browsers but I'm worried it's still lurking somewhere on my hard drive.

any suggestions before I take it to the apple store?
yes you may need to work with the program but use are bug removal sticky and install what it says.DO NOT SKIP A STEP EVEN IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT WONT HELP.

then if you run in to problems or have more questions just ask us you can even download and run hijack this then paste the log and i can put it in to a tool to check the log for you.

Magical Miko

9,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hero 100
Have you tried using Malwarebytes? It's free and scans your computer for malware.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Faythei
Have you tried using Malwarebytes? It's free and scans your computer for malware.

That is a part of the aforementioned removal sticky. Also it only covers one vector of problems with some overlap into others but not enough to warrant calling it "teh best protection evar lol!"
use Malwarebytes also if you want the PRO i can give you it i resell for them and i got like 10 keys i can give out for free.
Malwarebytes works great for malware and adware.

Generous Giver

Demonic Ouija
use Malwarebytes also if you want the PRO i can give you it i resell for them and i got like 10 keys i can give out for free.

MalWareBytes is for Windows only.

I haven't had experience with the newer Mac OS. My experience stops at OSX Panther. lol
PoultryChamp
Demonic Ouija

MalWareBytes is for Windows only.

I haven't had experience with the newer Mac OS. My experience stops at OSX Panther. lol

ya i agree with that it isn't for the MAC, i could also go and remove the viruses manually.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items