Welcome to Gaia! ::

I don't know what to call this problem and if it's windows or what, because before I changed to XP I had 98 and I was still having this problem.

At first, it would happen when I'd login. My computer wouldn't freeze, but whenever I tried to load an app/document it would stop (loading the file) after getting so far and then like 10 minutes later everything I wanted to load would finish and all their windows would pop open.

I hoped installing xp would fix this. But it didn't, finally I got rid of that, but now that i'm on dialup [was on cable when I installed xp] whenever I connect to the internet I get that same problem and I have to wait 10 minutes and sometimes I have to disconnect so everything will open and then reconnect.

After a while everything is fine, and this doesn't always happen.. do I make sense? Anyone know what this could be? .... I know someone will probably tell me to clean it all and reinstall fresh.. wish I could. For now I'd just like to know if anyone knows what this is.
Whats dial up? xp
Ronald Mcfondled
Whats dial up? xp
I wish I didn't know gonk crying

I like your name btw, blaugh
gonk

Make sure you have enough memory (at least 256 MB), because XP is a pain when it doesn't get what it wants.
Also check on the size of the pagefile. WinKey+Pause (or Control Panel > System) > Advanced > Performance Settings > Advanced, and check at the bottom that the total page file size is at least the amount of memory you have (possibly more).
I've 384mb of ram.. VM is 768 ehe
Militant
Ronald Mcfondled
Whats dial up? xp

Thanks for the complonent sir. You should try to get broadband thought
Ronald Mcfondled
Militant
Ronald Mcfondled
Whats dial up? xp

Thanks for the complonent sir. You should try to get broadband thought
Yep. Well, thought about it, but I live in a country setting right now and closest town is like 7 miles away... sooo, yeah.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff