Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hi ya'll. It seems that my router likes to mess up things at random as far as the internet and online things go. Odd things like making me unable to host warcraft III games or slowing down bit-torrent stuff. I am very sure it's the router and not something else because I am able to host games when I just use the modem.

My router is a Belkin 4-port cable/dsl gateway router, model # F5D5231-4. When I poke at the settings nothing really seems to happen... So if one of you people who knows what they are doing in this kinda field could help me out, that would be great.

Thank you for your time.
You would have to open up the correct ports in the firewall for you to be able to host WIII games.
Manhattan Project
You would have to open up the correct ports in the firewall for you to be able to host WIII games.

And what would those ports be? I tryed opening some ports listed in a post on the battle.net forum but that didnt do jack.
Have you seen if there are updates of some sort for the router? Or maybe just tried resetting it?

Because mine sometimes goes really slow and I just restart it and everything is normal.
UDP ports 20000-200039?
maybe try some trial and error things...

update the firmware (if needed) or try to host without the router

good luck,

cheers
Manhattan Project
UDP ports 20000-200039?

I'll give those a go...

Sorry About The Weather
update the firmware (if needed)

I saw that option in the router settings but I couldnt seem to make anything happen. The update button wanted me to give it the update from my computer, and the scan for updates button didnt seem to do anything. I did sem some drivers on the Belkin website though, but they were labled for Alstralia or something like that. Should I try the download anyway?
Also forward UDP port 6112.
I have the same problem. It has to do with TCP and UDP ports. If you open up your router's options you should be able to open specific ports. The problem is knowing which ports to open.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff