Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
I am having trouble getting a website indexed.

I don't know if it has to do with the meta tag or if it is something else. This is the only Meta Tag in the code. These are the very first lines of code aswell.

&html lang="en-US"&
&head&
&meta charset="UTF-8" /&
&title&
Nameofsite&/title&

The &/head& Is located bellow most of the rest of the coding. instead of close to the website title. Could this be the issue?
As far as I'm aware, metadata isn't going to help your website get indexed. It only lets you provide some keywords/tags to associate with your page if, and when, your page gets indexed. If you want exposure, you should submit your website to a search engine (like Bing, for example), or wait until web indexing robots find their way to your page. I'm sure there are ways to game this process and raise awareness quickly but I don't know the details...

But with regard to your original question, the code you've pasted looks okay. At least, from what I can make of it.

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
bhnascar
As far as I'm aware, metadata isn't going to help your website get indexed. It only lets you provide some keywords/tags to associate with your page if, and when, your page gets indexed. If you want exposure, you should submit your website to a search engine (like Bing, for example), or wait until web indexing robots find their way to your page. I'm sure there are ways to game this process and raise awareness quickly but I don't know the details...

But with regard to your original question, the code you've pasted looks okay. At least, from what I can make of it.

Thank you very much for the input. I appreciate thei nfo. I think it will help. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff