Welcome to Gaia! ::

Learned Entrepreneur

14,425 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Gaian 50
Yes my computer a Dell inspiron5100 laptop works fine up until i go to restatr or shut down because when it starts back up the mouse which is a touch pad is unable to move at all the only thing that I have found to temporarilly help with this is a doing a safe mode restart and uninstalling the mouse but that only works untill the computer restarts and that isnt good so anyone who can help me better i would truly appreciate the help
Is there a means of enabling or disabling the touchpad for the Inspiron? (E.g. a Fn and an F# key combo.)

I know this is popular for many laptops as it prevents users from accidentally hitting the touchpad with their hands when typing.

Check to see if this is the case for your laptop.

Failing that, the simplest solution would probably be to grab and reinstall the touchpad drivers (which ought to be available from Dell's website.)

Learned Entrepreneur

14,425 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Gaian 50
Quote:
Is there a means of enabling or disabling the touchpad for the Inspiron? (E.g. a Fn and an F# key combo.)

I know this is popular for many laptops as it prevents users from accidentally hitting the touchpad with their hands when typing.

Check to see if this is the case for your laptop.

Failing that, the simplest solution would probably be to grab and reinstall the touchpad drivers (which ought to be available from Dell's website.)
Great thatnks for the help
my bro has the same comp, you can disable the touchpad driver
Quote:
my bro has the same comp, you can disable the touchpad driver

Yeah, I think she already stated that..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items