Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ah, I have come seeking help to see what could be the matter. I try to log into my MSN messenger, and it won't let me, saying it couldn't connect. I trobleshooted it, and it said there was nothing wrong or anything and to try later. That was yesterday after noon. I've been trying to log in, and it still won't let me. I even deleted it and re-downloaded it. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Are you using the beta version?
Skye Darkhawk
Are you using the beta version?

no, I'm useing version 6.2 which is the newest version to my knowledge.

And I'm pretty sure thats not a beta version
Do you have, or use any Firewalls?
Skye Darkhawk
Do you have, or use any Firewalls?

Nope. None.
See if you can use other MSN services like Hotmail or MyMSN.
Skye Darkhawk
See if you can use other MSN services like Hotmail or MyMSN.

ya, I can. I can get into my e-mail and everything fine. It's just the messenger thats not working.
The solution is to wait five minutes before you try again.

I think it has somthing to do with server load on messenger, Yahoo Chat does something pretty similar.

It also might be good to make sure your not using up too much of your own bandwidth (eg. Downloads.) while you connect.
Hypnos

I think it has somthing to do with server load on messenger, Yahoo Chat does something pretty similar.

I waited a whole night before trying again >.<
meh, anyone else have any suggestions on whats wrong?
Try checking your router.
ChaoticZaeon
Try checking your router.

what would my router have to do with anything? I'm hooked up to the internet and such. Mind telling me what to look for if I did go check it?
Sreen
Hypnos

Wait 5 minutes not 12 hours.
Hypnos
Sreen
Hypnos

Wait 5 minutes not 12 hours.

I also waited 5 minutes. I wen't into my brothers room and signed on on his computer and it worked. So I'm pretty sure there is something messed up with my computer.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff