Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am in the process of building a website and I am looking for a free web hosting site. Some features from the hosting site i would like is putting in a free forum, free blog, free chat room, free forms, lot of space and bandwidth, and maybe some other applications i may use in the future on the site. I hope you guys can help. Thanks

Interesting Lunatic

There aren't very many, or rather many good, free, web hosts. As it's usually very costly and not easy to maintain. If you want the kind of features you're hoping to get, You'll HAVE to pay, no doubt. But for a free host that offers basic hosting, I recommend http://www.000webhost.com/.
Yeah i figured the pay ones would have lots to offer rather then the free ones. I saw webs.com and I do like what they had to offer in features but the space and bandwidth isn't much. I also found FreeHostingCloud.com. I do like how freehostingcloud has unlimited bandwidth and space but dunno if this site is any good.

Sparkly Lunatic

Webs has terrible size restrictions, and you're extremely limited as to what you can host.

As to the other one, they seem to have a habit of yanking sites without warning, and severely limit usage (2000 visits a month is absolutely nothing)

Hosting websites is both hard work and expensive. No-one is going to offer to do it for free without having some way to make their money back. See, we don't live in a world where people just give away money. It doesn't happen. If it looks like you're getting something for nothing there is always something fishy going on.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff