Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Sex Symbol

17,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • OTP 200
Yeah, unfortunately my little laptop (well not really little, but you know what I mean) battery life doesn't hold out like it used to and the only way to keep it alive is to constantly charge it. I could get a new battery for it, but I'm assuming the battery cost would be just as expensive if not more to get a new laptop. I've had this thing for about 3-4 (possibly 5) years now, so I know its hitting its expiration date. razz

Anyway, I'm laptop shopping and I want something I can use when I go to my university. I'm in the graphic design major so I have a feeling most of my work will be done on the computer anyway and I need something reliable and functional. I also want to be able to play a few games with it *like mmos and stuff* without having to worry about if the graphics card for it is too small and blah. Also, I REALLY LIKE WIN 7 and am wondering if its still possible to get a Win 7 computer that's decent. :/ Ever since Win 7 came out, my life has been much easier. It's not that I hate 8, but I've seen 8 and it looks like crap. -_- Anyway, my laptop price is probably gonna range in 400-600 max. This lenovo that I have I believe was like 550 and is an idea pad, so maybe something similar to it. razz

6,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
A lot of companies sell their laptops straight from the website itself, and often allows customization options. From time to time, you can find options that will allow you to have Windows 7 preinstalled, but usually at an extra cost. I remember reading somewhere that a company did in fact revert to having W7 preinstalled, rather than W8, though the name escapes me now.

As for your battery issue, there is a pretty good chance that a battery wouldn't cost the same as a laptop, unless you got your laptop for 100-300 dollars, which is the average prince range on laptop batteries depending on what type of battery you get, e.g. 6-cell, 9-cell, 12-cell, etc.

Another thing I'd like to mention is that W8 really isn't that bad. I recently purchased the newest model of the Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus, which runs Windows 8 preinstalled, and though there is a bit of a learning curve, I learned to adapt, and I actually kind of like it.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces