Welcome to Gaia! ::

Laptop is a HP probook 455 g1 and the processor is a AMD A4-5150M

Is this normal? I mean I just called HP support and the guy said it's normal
note that it's 90 when I'm not doing anything and when I open google chrome or do anything it jumps to 100

sorta mad to cause I have to get this laptop since the school issues one to anyone in IT and the fact that I have to pay for it

Aged Lunatic

What exactly are you viewing it in? Celsius or Fahrenheit?

That particular processor has a thermal limit of 105°C (221°F), so if you're viewing it in 90°C then that can be a bit toasty yes, may be worth getting a can of compressed air to blow out all the vents and make sure the internal fan(s) are working, using one of those cooler 'base' pad things are moderately useful too.

If you're viewing it at 90°F however then you're well within thermal limits, as 90°F is only around 32°C.
Synapt
What exactly are you viewing it in? Celsius or Fahrenheit?

That particular processor has a thermal limit of 105°C (221°F), so if you're viewing it in 90°C then that can be a bit toasty yes, may be worth getting a can of compressed air to blow out all the vents and make sure the internal fan(s) are working, using one of those cooler 'base' pad things are moderately useful too.

If you're viewing it at 90°F however then you're well within thermal limits, as 90°F is only around 32°C.

Ran it with Speccy and its in celsius, I'll check the fans and try the thermal pads, my teach recommended I put a small piece of copper between the heatsink and cpu to help it cool down too
Another thing I forgot to say was that the laptop was at 90°C even when I opened it from the box
At idle? No. Under load? Yes.

Some AMD CPUs and APUs have faulty temperature readings. The best way to determine the temperature is to check in the BIOS. Unless you physically feel the laptop being hot then don't worry too much about it.
That is very hot, especially for a laptop.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff