Welcome to Gaia! ::

I was having sudden shutdowns for a while, apparently due to a problem with the fan leading to overheating. The laptop got quite hot to the touch and an internal temperature measuring program showed some pretty high temperatures in addition to the fan starting to do this thing where it would spin for a moment, then pause, then spin for a moment repeatedly. When I turned my laptop back on after it shutdown from overheating it gave me an error message saying the fan wasn't working properly. After a while, I could hardly get the thing to turn on for more than a few moments before it shut off again. This was the only thing that seemed to be wrong. I always got this same error message upon restart. So, I cleaned the fan thoroughly (not that there was much in there to begin with), but when that didn't fix it I ordered a new fan that I made sure was compatible with my laptop.

I got the new fan set up in the laptop now. I turned it on, heard the fan working, didn't get an error message. Great. However, within a couple minutes, barely enough time to get to my desktop, the screen goes black and then the laptop shuts off soon after that. Turning the computer back on, the fan still works and there is no error message. The laptop isn't hot to the touch when this happens now and, when I can make it to the desktop, I see the power chord is recharging the battery just fine and the internal temperature is fine as well. This keeps happening every time I turn the computer on.

Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong?
Maybe when it overheated at some time it damaged the mobo... I have seen it happen with people who lay the lappy on the bed, and block the vents....even after 1 overheat it can damage something ..
name_is_taken
Maybe when it overheated at some time it damaged the mobo... I have seen it happen with people who lay the lappy on the bed, and block the vents....even after 1 overheat it can damage something ..
I've managed to fix the shutdowns actually. I was trying to open bios upon start up, but seem to have opened some other repair related program instead. As soon as I fixed the shutdowns though, the keyboard ceased functioning. I just used the keyboard to open that one program upon start up, so I don't think it is broken or improperly hooked up. I can't seem to find anything to indicate there's anything wrong with the keyboard looking through various programs and info once I have windows loaded either. For the moment I have the on-screen keyboard enabled, but this doesn't load in time for me to open bios or anything that you need to open before windows loads upon start up. It's also painstakingly slow. gonk

Hygienic Smoker

Do you have a USB keyboard?
Basemxnt
Do you have a USB keyboard?
Nope.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items