Welcome to Gaia! ::

I would like to know i if i was going to want to use my eSATA port for a normal usb port can i do that i pluged in a usb key board and it worked just fine but what i am worrying about is this. should this be working and what can you all my fine friends here tell me about this.

if i can use it as a usb port i will be so happy that is why i want input from you guys here

if you need any more iinformation just ask
Contest and Guild
I would like to know i if i was going to want to use my eSATA port for a normal usb port can i do that i pluged in a usb key board and it worked just fine but what i am worrying about is this. should this be working and what can you all my fine friends here tell me about this.

if i can use it as a usb port i will be so happy that is why i want input from you guys here

Yes, you can plug any USB into it.
L33t Pule Mants
Contest and Guild

Thank you seeing as every thing i found online it sounded like no one had a clue and i do trust the people here so that is why i came here.
Contest and Guild
L33t Pule Mants
Contest and Guild

Thank you seeing as every thing i found online it sounded like no one had a clue and i do trust the people here so that is why i came here.

Any time.

Aged Lunatic

Worth pointing out what you have is likely an eSATAp port, which is basically eSATA+USB.

If it were a PLAIN eSATA port, no you wouldn't be able to plug a USB device into it because the sockets are different.

If it looks something like this, it's an eSATAp port.

(I just don't want people trying to jam USB things into a plain eSATA port.)
Synapt
Worth pointing out what you have is likely an eSATAp port, which is basically eSATA+USB.

If it were a PLAIN eSATA port, no you wouldn't be able to plug a USB device into it because the sockets are different.

Yes that is the same as my port dose that mean it is a ESATA and usb port?

I just checked again it dose not have a pulse but when i put usb in they are picked up and they work they are a little harder to get out thought. <<<<What dose this mean?

Aged Lunatic

Contest and Guild
Synapt

I just checked again it dose not have a pulse but when i put usb in they are picked up and they work they are a little harder to get out thought. <<<<What dose this mean?

If it looks like the image I linked it's an eSATAp port, meaning as noted it's eSATA + USB (could be either USB2 or USB3, eSATAp has been around a while), considering the port design though it's understandable that USB things plugged in might be 'snug', if you note in the photo there are two like bar/hook (suddenly can't think of the proper name for them) in the bottom of the port, those more or less will lock into the two slots on a USB plug and hold it in place better.

But yeah, even if it doesn't quite look the same as that port (nor does it literally say eSATAp or eSATA+USB near the port), the fact you can use a Type-A connector in it and have the system read it basically implies it's eSATAp by itself (as a normal eSATA port would never be able to fit any normal USB connector type nor have the understanding how to read it).
Synapt
Contest and Guild
Synapt

If it looks like the image I linked it's an eSATAp port, meaning as noted it's eSATA + USB (could be either USB2 or USB3, eSATAp has been around a while), considering the port design though it's understandable that USB things plugged in might be 'snug', if you note in the photo there are two like bar/hook (suddenly can't think of the proper name for them) in the bottom of the port, those more or less will lock into the two slots on a USB plug and hold it in place better.

But yeah, even if it doesn't quite look the same as that port (nor does it literally say eSATAp or eSATA+USB near the port), the fact you can use a Type-A connector in it and have the system read it basically implies it's eSATAp by itself (as a normal eSATA port would never be able to fit any normal USB connector type nor have the understanding how to read it).
Cool thank you so much for that information. all of you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff