Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey hey
So huge problem - since i updated to mavericks I cant seem to get my HP photosmart 5510 to connect to my macbook...
It will connect to the wireless router but the connection always fails to the mac...
any suggestions? i think its because of the new OS since it worked perfectly before...

Beloved Lunatic

Have you uninstalled the driver for the printer and re-installed it? I have the same problem with my printer after updates with my HP mini and that usually works.
Uninstalling the driver... does that work by macs as well..? Sorry I am totally not the computer person.
Usually all i have to do is turn on the machines and voila. I dont even think the printer came with a CD...?
All printers come with a driver CD, it is preferred that drivers be installed prior to connecting a printer to any computer. If it didn't come with a CD, you'l have to go online to HP support and download the drivers from the website. Once that is done, you will again have to connect it to your wifi so that your Mac can see the Printer and connect with it. I had a similar problem with my printer when I update to mavericks. It works now after software updates on the Apple end.
yea, thats the funny thing, I did all the updates on BOTH ends... and it still doesnt work. I didnt have the HP CD anymore so i DL the newest version, but that didnt work either. The comp just doesnt recognize the printer...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff