Welcome to Gaia! ::

I mainly mean for things like the Aquarium, Zomg, Towns, etc.
I've never had a problem with basic browsing on this site, forums and what not
load perfectly on whatever browser I'm using.

I was using Google Chrome until I got a virus through it and uninstalled it.
(the virus isn't the problem, I got rid of it.)
It loaded the Aquarium and stuff okay, but very laggy.

Now I'm using Firefox and even the Aquarium won't load. Crashes every
time. So, I'm thinking maybe Safari? Even though I have a Windows laptop.
Or I might try to download Google Chrome again, unless you guys have a better
suggestion. Please share?

Problem solved, Opera is a great browser for running flash. Thanks.

Hallowed Lunatic

13,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Elocutionist 200
No bumping against rules and all that.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/computers-technology/spyware-adware-virus-trojan-rootkit-keylogger-removal-guide/t.56156111/
Sticky here to remove the infection. Don't start missing steps because they're "inconvenient". Every step is there for a reason and skipping them will mean your computer will still have e-AIDS.
im using Opera most of the time and am happier with it than with the other browsers..
i also have adblock for opera installed which does help as well.
ossophile
im using Opera most of the time and am happier with it than with the other browsers..
i also have adblock for opera installed which does help as well.

Thank you! I just downloaded it and tested it out, definitely runs flash 10x better than Chrome. I've never seen my fish in the Aquarium swim like that! Lol. Opera is great. Problem Solved. mrgreen

Distinct Hunter

Thinking Dirty Out Loud

Using a different web browser will not change the outcome of your virus issue, if you have a virus you need to get some anti virus removal software and take care of it that way. In the meantime, I would recommend going to your control panel and checking to see what has been recently added/installed onto your computer and if you recognize anything that shouldn't be there, delete it. I would say, see if your flash player is up to date, but doesn't seem to be the case.
Also, you can try to clear your cache in Google Chrome that might help abit too.

Distinct Hunter

This could potentially be an issue for some of you as well.

Having 2 versions of Flash enabled at the same time can cause issues. Disable either pepflashplayer.dll (Chrome version) or NPSWF32.dll (system version): https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/108086
Try typing chrome:flags into your address bar and enabling "threaded compositing" and "gpu compositing"
Archetypez
Thinking Dirty Out Loud

Using a different web browser will not change the outcome of your virus issue, if you have a virus you need to get some anti virus removal software and take care of it that way. In the meantime, I would recommend going to your control panel and checking to see what has been recently added/installed onto your computer and if you recognize anything that shouldn't be there, delete it. I would say, see if your flash player is up to date, but doesn't seem to be the case.
Also, you can try to clear your cache in Google Chrome that might help abit too.

The virus isn't the issue I already got rid of it. I have Norton, and Mcafe (idk how it's spelled but yeah) the point is I got the virus from browsing on Chrome, and no other browser was giving me issues. Chrome kept having crazy pop-ups so I got rid of it. Also, I believe Firefox is the most secure browser to prevent virus's because it has an option to never remember history. Every time I close Firefox, history deleted. So, no one can hack into my accounts of anything. But anyways, I got rid of the virus, just don't exactly trust Chrome, so I made this thread to find a new browser since Firefox wasn't running flash. Which I found a new browser for that. Opera. Works perfect for the flash parts of Gaia.

Distinct Hunter

Thinking Dirty Out Loud
Archetypez
Thinking Dirty Out Loud

The virus isn't the issue I already got rid of it. I have Norton, and Mcafe (idk how it's spelled but yeah) the point is I got the virus from browsing on Chrome, and no other browser was giving me issues. Chrome kept having crazy pop-ups so I got rid of it. Also, I believe Firefox is the most secure browser to prevent virus's because it has an option to never remember history. Every time I close Firefox, history deleted. So, no one can hack into my accounts of anything. But anyways, I got rid of the virus, just don't exactly trust Chrome, so I made this thread to find a new browser since Firefox wasn't running flash. Which I found a new browser for that. Opera. Works perfect for the flash parts of Gaia.
. . . emotion_facepalm

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces