Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Inquisitor

im playing around trying to learn new things bc im still p new. well i was trying out a simple drop menu but it didnt work when i typed it by hand so i went to some other sites and found pre built ones that work and for some reason none of them are working when i copy paste the files.
this is the format that's been showing. instead of turning into a menu the code just continues on as lists. i copy pasted these files exactly as they were on the site.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

i also had an issue yesterday in class on this computer w/ a simple php function.

Beloved Inquisitor

plz i need this so bad

Dangerous Knife

Please show me the HTML and CSS you have right now.

EDIT: Unfortunately gaia's code tags are rather bugged and do not allow HTML within their tags because it confuses their regex system.

Please post your HTML document within a pastebin file with a seperate pastebin of your CSS

You are able to sort the languages within the pastebin options before posting so that they are easier to read.

Also, please include then in spoiler tags so that the post does not get too large if you have a lot of coding within it, thank you!

Newbie Raider

3,750 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
S H l N l N
im playing around trying to learn new things bc im still p new. well i was trying out a simple drop menu but it didnt work when i typed it by hand so i went to some other sites and found pre built ones that work and for some reason none of them are working when i copy paste the files.
this is the format that's been showing. instead of turning into a menu the code just continues on as lists. i copy pasted these files exactly as they were on the site.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

i also had an issue yesterday in class on this computer w/ a simple php function.

From the image I can see you're using Chrome, have you tried opening the developer tools? They're in the menu > more tools > developer tools.

If you get that open, you can look at the console and network tabs. Here you can see if the CSS is being properly loaded to the page and "debug" the code to see what went wrong.

My guess is that the location to the css file is not properly pointed to as there are no styles on that screenshot.

Aged Lunatic

If you're going to attempt to become a web designer/developer, at the very least you should invest in some basic hosting (it can literally be just a few dollars a month USD-wise) instead of attempting to run stuff locally off your own system.

Judging by the looks of your screenshot, whatever you copy and pasted probably didn't include the CSS (which would be a large part of the dropdown menu stuff you're attempting to do, as well as the rest of the content).

As others noted already, it's more helpful if you pastebin some code. Though keep in mind people (shouldn't anyways) won't likely do your work for you, you already noted in a separate topic that this is school work, and while learning web development at any kind of school or college is generally a horrible idea, you did kind of choose it and it is your homework, so you shouldn't be having people do it for you razz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff