Welcome to Gaia! ::

are you gonna hop on the hype train and get a 980? if not what you got now?
also how do you feel about this let down of a card

Aged Lunatic

Curious exactly how it's a "let down".

Given they're not exactly ground breaking versions of the card (they're mostly only like 20-30% improvements over the 700 series equivalent models), but they're also priced pretty much the same as their 700 series equivalent models which isn't really horrible considering said improvements and the fact they have a notably lower power draw.
Synapt
Curious exactly how it's a "let down".

Given they're not exactly ground breaking versions of the card (they're mostly only like 20-30% improvements over the 700 series equivalent models), but they're also priced pretty much the same as their 700 series equivalent models which isn't really horrible considering said improvements and the fact they have a notably lower power draw.
Its build on the 28nm process not 22 like I was hoping for. only has 2048 cuda cores, and is sadly only coming out with 4gb of ram when newer 780 cards now come with 6....so yeah to me its a bit of a let down

Aged Lunatic

Lord0fSin
Its build on the 28nm process not 22 like I was hoping for. only has 2048 cuda cores, and is sadly only coming out with 4gb of ram when newer 780 cards now come with 6....so yeah to me its a bit of a let down

Graphics cards don't generally follow the same process stages as CPU's, the next stage for nVidia last I saw was going to be 20nm.

As for the memory and cores, you do realize you're looking purely at nVidia's minimum spec right? nVidia doesn't release the graphics cards specifically, vendors do, most of the 700 series cards were only spec'd for 2-4GB of memory, some vendors go beyond that though (such as EVGA w/ the FTW 760 GTX having a 4GB model which is what I have) and release cards beyond spec, or factor overclocked, etc.

So to be let down by nVidia's basic specs is silly, wait to see what vendors do with it.

Invisible Regular

Synapt
Lord0fSin

Graphics cards don't generally follow the same process stages as CPU's, the next stage for nVidia last I saw was going to be 20nm.

As for the memory and cores, you do realize you're looking purely at nVidia's minimum spec right? nVidia doesn't release the graphics cards specifically, vendors do, most of the 700 series cards were only spec'd for 2-4GB of memory, some vendors go beyond that though (such as EVGA w/ the FTW 760 GTX having a 4GB model which is what I have) and release cards beyond spec, or factor overclocked, etc.

So to be let down by nVidia's basic specs is silly, wait to see what vendors do with it.

+1

Dangerous Knife

Lord0fSin
are you gonna hop on the hype train and get a 980? if not what you got now?
also how do you feel about this let down of a card

I'm waiting for the 980 Ti

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas