Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, I just got Final Fantasy for Christmas and recently installed it.

My problem is when I try to play it I get a message that says:

Terminated as error occurred in Final Fantasy XI. Failed to initilize Direct3D. Please check that this computer has the requied specifications to run Final Fantasy XI. (-1)

What is Direct3D? Where can I get it? What is it? gonk If I don't get this I won't be able to play Final Fantasy.

I'm not sure if it's downloadable or a card I need to install into my computer.
Whats your directx version?
Quote:
Whats your directx version?

I just downloaded 9.0 to see if that would help, but it still didn't work.
If you are using a Windows computer, run Windows Update and download all the available updates that you can. If you find no updates with it, try the website http://www.microsoft.com/directx to locate the latest version of the DirectX suite (Direct3D is included).
I installed a file on my Driver CD that updated my videocard quite well.

That fixed that problem, but now I get a new error... It says the same thing but "Failed to recognize Hadware TnL."

confused At least on the last error I had an idea about what it might be, but now I haven't got a clue what TnL is.
Quote:

That fixed that problem, but now I get a new error... It says the same thing but "Failed to recognize Hadware TnL."

confused At least on the last error I had an idea about what it might be, but now I haven't got a clue what TnL is.

T&L is Transform and Lighting, make sure your card suports it
Quote:
Quote:

T&L is Transform and Lighting, make sure your card suports it

I don't know if my card does support it.. But then again, i'm not sure if T&L is even downloaded. Do I need a new card, or should I try to download it?
Quote:
Note: These scores only represent low-resolution mode. If you cannot run the program and it say something about "T&L", you need a recent videocard.

Nevermind.. I need a new videocard. >.<!
doesn't matter if your card doesnt support it, well it does. But your best *cheap* way to solve it is to download a TnL emulator off the internet that will trick your computer into doing TnL. Thats how i got FFXI to play on my laptop

Enjoy smile

Newbie Seeker

you should be able to disable t&l
These video cards support T&L
ATI Radeon(TM) series (7000 or better)
VE series
7000, 7200, 7500
8500, All-In-Wonder 8500
9000, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800
X300, X600, X800

NVIDIA(R) Quadro(TM) series
Quadro, Quadro2, Quadro4

NVIDIA GeForce series (GeForce2 and better)
GeForce 2
GeForce 3, 3 Ti
GeForce 4, 4 Ti, MX 420, 440
GeForce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, 5950
GeForce 6600, 6800

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items