Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Bibliophile

8,025 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
So, I got a new Chromebook, and it seems that it doesn't really need the power button? I've looked online to see what others say, and I've seen sites that either say you have to press the power button to turn it on, and ones that say you just flip open the lid.
So far, I've only had to flip open the lid for it to turn on. Is this normal? I got it through the mail, and it was on when I opened it the first time. Since I got it on Ebay, I wondered if the guy that sold it to me had turned it on and forgot to shut it off. But now I'm thinking it just does that?
Also, I turn it off by clicking the lower right part of the screen, but I read that you can hold the power button too. I don't really wanna do that though, since I've heard that was bad...
Anyone else with a Chromebook that can help me out here? Do all of yours power on by flipping open the lid? Also, I have the newest one. I can't remember what it's called, but it the 11" with the hinge.
I don't own a Chromebook, but after a couple of search results, I've seen this is just how a Chromebook operates. It looks like if you shut it down the way you've been doing, you won't ever have to use the power button unless you open the lid and the screen is still blank. The only reason you would have to use the power button is if you fully shut it down by holding the power button for about 8 seconds. From the forums I saw, some say you should be at the log in screen before you fully shut it down or you might get an error because it doesn't have a chance to save your session.

Apparently you really only need to fully shut down your Chromebook if you're getting some kind of error or freeze.

Friendly Bibliophile

8,025 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
Okay! Thank you so much! I tried to research it too, but I couldn't find the right site, or something. This really helps.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff