Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Fatcat

Internet provider using firewall and restricting access to certain sites (such as gaia). Any way to bypass it?

Aged Lunatic

A home Internet provider? Seems weird Gaia would be blocked.

But any kind of proxy or VPN generally would work fine (the latter being more personal and faster, but at an actual money cost), but it's worth warning that your ISP likely has terms against evading their content filter/firewall, so you may technically risk them suspending your account (though chances of this probably would be very slim).

Wheezing Fatcat

I know nothing about proxy's or vpn's. Ive heard of them but have never researched. But yes, it is a home network. But Let's just say i was able to bypass it. Would it be trackable? would they be able to see what ive been doing?

Aged Lunatic

The Fappening
I know nothing about proxy's or vpn's. Ive heard of them but have never researched. But yes, it is a home network. But Let's just say i was able to bypass it. Would it be trackable? would they be able to see what ive been doing?

Well general point of VPN's is to at the very least between you and the VPN, encrypt the data/traffic.

Would your ISP be able to see what that content is? As long as it's a good secure configuration (which any good VPN provider would likely provide) then no, but it probably wouldn't take them much to assume from what data they can see that you're likely using a VPN to bypass their content filter.

So the question really comes down to, if they care enough, which most generally won't.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff