Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Kitten

I have a 5s and have had no problems since owning it (got it in October a few weeks after it came out)

Occasionally, when I have the sound ON, I'll receive a text and it will not play my text tone, and it will just barely vibrate & my screen won't turn on unless I press the home button. When I unlock it & get into the message, typing doesn't make the clicking noise.
I have to quit my messenger & turn the sound off then on for it to work again.

I'm not sure if this is a hardware malfunction with the 5s, or an issue with the iOS (it's on the most recent update).
Anyone else experiencing this?

**also any comments that aren't helpful or about how "bad" Apple is will be reported. Thanks.
Is the physical mute switch being flipped accidentally? Do you have "Do Not Disturb" enabled?

Tipsy Kitten

L33t Mule Pants
Is the physical mute switch being flipped accidentally? Do you have "Do Not Disturb" enabled?

That's what I thought was happening, because I had a different case that covered it. I thought the case was doing it, but when I removed it, the problem continued and no, it's not actually being flipped off.

That's not enabled either. Because I actually have to quit the messages to get it to turn off.

I've tried resetting it in any way short of a factory-reset.
It's not like it's a terrible problem, just annoying and puzzling xp
Toki Bird
L33t Mule Pants

That's what I thought was happening, because I had a different case that covered it. I thought the case was doing it, but when I removed it, the problem continued and no, it's not actually being flipped off.

That's not enabled either. Because I actually have to quit the messages to get it to turn off.

Is it a custom ringtone? Have you tried looking at your notification settings?

Tipsy Kitten

L33t Mule Pants
Toki Bird
L33t Mule Pants

Is it a custom ringtone? Have you tried looking at your notification settings?

It started when I had a custom ring tone, so I thought it was that and changed it to a default one, no avail. I also thought maybe my custom vibe setting was doing that, so I changed it to a default one, still nothing,
I have looked and nothing is out of the ordinary, I set everything back to the original settings.

When it does it, and I get a message... It's weird it's like it has problems vibrating.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff