Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you have a DVD player that can read CD/DVD's?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 9, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.

Okay, ever since i've read this in my sunday's paper i've been wondering whether this is true or not. I want to get a specific DVD player that can play CD-R/RW and DVD-R/RW (+ or - ) that are burned directly from the computer (The CD/DVD both contains Video Files). My father bought this DVD player that says it does play CD-R ...etc and other stuff that were compatible. When I tried it and put a CD or a DVD disc in, it says "File not supported" even though it does say it! And a weird thing too, when my CD was read, it thought it was a Music File! Even though it was a Video File! Can anyone tell me what's wrong? Me and my father tested several DVD players at Future shop and non of them (with that compatibility) worked. That guy at Future shop said that it might be the disk, but i think it's the DVD player. It works fine in the computer.
What type of file was burned to the CD?
Manhattan Project
What type of file was burned to the CD?
They are all .avi files. They should work since it does support Windows Media files in my DVD player.
AVI is not a Windows Media file. WMV is Windows Media Video, WMA is Windows Media Audio.
Skye Darkhawk
AVI is not a Windows Media file. WMV is Windows Media Video, WMA is Windows Media Audio.
it isn't? Hmm...i thought it does since the video files i watch works with WMP.
kwazistar
Skye Darkhawk

WMP just has the capability to play them. You'd have to convert the AVI to MPEG/MPEG2 to play them on your DVD player.
You could also use iMovie, VLC, Winamp, MPlayer, and any other media player that supports video playback. AVI is sort of a standard for comptuers.

If you have DVD burning software, try burning the AVI as an MPEG file. You may need to use a program like VirtualDub to re-encode it if your software can't do it for you.
Manhattan Project
kwazistar
Skye Darkhawk

WMP just has the capability to play them. You'd have to convert the AVI to MPEG/MPEG2 to play them on your DVD player.
If WMP has the capability to play them, wouldn't the DVD player have it also?

And yeah, playing them in the DVD player, i'd have to convert them into VCD's or DVD Video...
Skye Darkhawk
You could also use iMovie, VLC, Winamp, MPlayer, and any other media player that supports video playback. AVI is sort of a standard for comptuers.

If you have DVD burning software, try burning the AVI as an MPEG file. You may need to use a program like VirtualDub to re-encode it if your software can't do it for you.
Ah i see...
But is there a way or a player, that can just play it directly, without converting it? It takes up time and also in DVD discs, it takes up the whole lot (I can usually fit 24 eps but now 3 since I'm converting them)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff