I'm here for the gold 0.25396825396825 25.4% [ 16 ]
Total Votes:[ 63 ]
1 2 3 >

Practical Archenemy

14,275 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Squash Stomper 75
The Umbrella Academy is a six issues series written by Gerard Way, illustrated by Gabriel Ba, with covers by James Jean. It might be contiuned in mini-series and one-shots, if Gerard has enough time. It's published by Dark Horse and the first issue is released this September.
The Free Comic Book Day preview was awesome and I think this series will be an instant favorite for many.
Apocalypse SuiteUser Image
Wallpaper version
We only See Eachother At Weddings And FuneralsUser ImageWallpaper version
It's rather silly they released the second cover because(spoiler)
the Horror is the one obviously the one who dies. He's the only one not at the funeral and what Seance is sitting on looks like his memorial. So much for the big surprise. ninja
This series is probably the only way I'll really hook my friend into comics. He'd go gay for Gerard Way. xp

As for the series itself, I am somewhat iffy. There is no such thing as a bad James Jean cover, but I am unsure that good musicianship coupled with hella angst makes for an interesting writer. The preview left me kind of 'blah.' confused

Dapper Genius

2,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
The cover did look great, but the content looked pretty.... meh. I think the writer was too quick to assume he was as good a writer as he is a musician.
I don't care much for Gerad Way and his endeavors in comics, however, I will be buying this to longing look at James Jean's covers.
im just gonna get it cause it has to do with gerard
XD

Practical Archenemy

14,275 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Squash Stomper 75
I guess I'm the only one who liked the preview, eh? Well, the actual series is compared to The Amazing Screw On Head and the people who've read it say it's awesome. Ought to at least entertain the notion that Dark Horse might publish something good.

RuhBecUh
im just gonna get it cause it has to do with gerard
XD
confused But it isn't about Gerard.
wow.i read these comments,and you people arent true fans of Gerard way. im getting his comic because i've seen his work before and its amazing,he wanted to become a comic book artist but once he witnessed the 9/11 he didnt [if you didnt watch the dvd] im not getting it because it has to do with Gerard or that the cover is great,i've been waiting so long for him to come out with this.

a TRUE Gerard Fan heart heart

Junior Bloodsucker

5,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
xRainbowPixie
wow.i read these comments,and you people arent true fans of Gerard way. im getting his comic because i've seen his work before and its amazing,he wanted to become a comic book artist but once he witnessed the 9/11 he didnt [if you didnt watch the dvd] im not getting it because it has to do with Gerard or that the cover is great,i've been waiting so long for him to come out with this.

a TRUE Gerard Fan heart heart

The idea that 9/11 had any effect on a person as far as pursuing a career in comic art is absolutely stupid. Why would that make any kind of difference at all?

Anyway, I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread though, because I really have been interested in finding out more info about Umbrella Academy. I didn't really know much about it at all, and truth be told I thought it was some kind of on-going that my comic shop wasn't picking up (which I thought to be a travesty considering my comic shop is ridiculously large and gets EVERYTHING!) I have to say I'm not a fan, by any means, of Gerald Way, but I will be picking up the comic. The interior and exteriors look great and the writing isn't too shabby either. I'll support it in the hopes that it will continue to be good, and if it really is good, to beg for an ongoing. The art is sooooo damn good!
It looks pretty interesting. I'll at least get the first couple issues because I'm an somewhat curious...
I like Ba's work. Also dig the cover; that the Fables guy?

Rainbow Raider

Even if it wasn't Gerard's comic I'd still get it. The covers are awesome, and I really liked the free comic book day preview.
Free Comic+James Jean=Of course I picked it up.

Was okay...
are we talking thesame gerard way as singer from MCR?

Practical Archenemy

14,275 Points
  • Team Devin 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Squash Stomper 75
Dr. Jackal
I like Ba's work. Also dig the cover; that the Fables guy?
Yep. Fables is graced by James Jean's marvelous covers. 3nodding

Rolalas
are we talking thesame gerard way as singer from MCR?
Yes, that's him. Also, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE. They are two very different, very sperate projects Gerard Way happens to be involved with.
Odd thing is, Gerard grauated with a degree in Art from a well known art academy (Bachelor of Fine Arts) but he's not drawing this one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff