Welcome to Gaia! ::

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Quote:
Comic Series Gravel Heading to the Big Screen

Warren Ellis' comic series Gravel, about a soldier in the British S.A.S. who possesses some dark magic mojo, has been picked up by Legendary Pictures for a theatrical adaptation.

Variety informs us that Ellis, who introduced the character in a 1999 limited series of graphic novels published under the title "Strange Kiss", will pen the initial draft of the screenplay for the pic and serve as executive producer on the project.

Huh, wasn't expecting to see that happen. I'm hope the end of the movie is a little less anti-climatic than the end of the original Strange Kiss.

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
Oh... god...

Quote:
Manga Alan Moore: It's Not What You Think

I'm a big fan of Ryusuke Hamamoto's art. The man has done work on Petit Eva and has also appeared at the New York cons a couple of times-- I keep hoping he'll come back so I can try to get him to do a commission of our mascot, actually.

But leave it to Japanator to spot this on Hamamoto's DeviantArt account: a moe-girl-ified version of fame comicker Alan Moore, best known for, y'know, little stuff like V for Vendetta, Watchmen, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and a whole bunch of stuff that hasn't been made into movies so many of us aren't familiar with.

The Artists Comments from the Deviant Art post..

Quote:
I'll sell a Dojinshi of Alan Moore fan book in this winter comic market.
this book's Alan Moore is CUTE GIRL!

kailey4ever generated a random number between 123 and 1234 ... 891!

WhiteJoker
Hrrm, looks like the migrator ate the first post of the JTHM thread and the rest of the Hellboy thread. Damn. Anybody wanna remake them?

As for the sexiest superheroine thread... do we still have the pretty boy thread to go with it?

The Wizard one... we'll look over.
yea but i think there are also more things to discuss about him like what you expect him to look like. lol two words

Codebreaking Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
Ooooo... an LoEG: Black Dossier dust up!
Quote:
Fight! Don Murphy vs. Kevin O'Neill

In the Kevin O’Neill interview we linked to earlier, he made reference to the troubles surrounding LOEG: Black Dossier, which nearly didn’t get published by DC and arrived without a planned flexidisk due to legal concerns.

[SNIP]

In recounting the whole tale, Rich Johnston pegs the producer as Don Murphy, the colorful and controversial producer of such things as the League movie, and rather more successfully, the Transformers films. Murphy is pretty comfy on the internet, and he quickly responds to Johnston, fingering John Nee as the DC exec and painting a not very flattering picture of Alan Moore and O’Neill.

There's a bit more in the actual article, but I'm not going C&P the whole thing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff