Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Kitten

26,865 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
The last two issues of young avengers have seriously disappointed me. Not only is it poorly written, it has poor art as well. Not to mention the butchering of Miss America Chavez's character. I use to really like her but not so much anymore...

This makes me very sad.

Versatile Receiver

Yeah I had been really excited for the book before it came out but I was super disappointed by it neutral McKelvie's art is okay but it seemed ill suited to a superhero book (although, I hated Billy's redesign)

I'm starting to think my tastes just don't mesh with Gillen's writing since I haven't been a big fan of other stuff of his that I've read either but I really disliked YA
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
The last two issues of young avengers have seriously disappointed me. Not only is it poorly written, it has poor art as well. Not to mention the butchering of Miss America Chavez's character. I use to really like her but not so much anymore...

This makes me very sad.

Last issue made me so mad. They just ran EVERYONE'S personalities into the shredder. Because screw character development, that's why. For me, the last two issues never happened.

Then again, we were warned from the very beginning....................Style > Substance.

O.G. Partier

So really, what changed for you, in terms of America? Everyone who keeps saying this has yet to give me a single change she had character-wise except for flirting with Kate and being a lesbian. She used less spanish? What?

Wheezing Kitten

26,865 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX

This makes me very sad.

Last issue made me so mad. They just ran EVERYONE'S personalities into the shredder. Because screw character development, that's why. For me, the last two issues never happened.

Then again, we were warned from the very beginning....................Style > Substance.

THAT

IS

EXACTLY

HOW

I

FEEL

ABOUT

IT.

OMG YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH! OMG It's like Gillen gave up and was like "screw this" *tosses character development out the window*.

I'm very MAD/SAD with Gillen. He's supposed to be an awesome writer and he pulls this crap? WTHECK?!

I'm so glad that you understand and feel the same as me. It lets me know that there's still hope for humanity.
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX

This makes me very sad.

THAT

IS

EXACTLY

HOW

I

FEEL

ABOUT

IT.

OMG YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH! OMG It's like Gillen gave up and was like "screw this" *tosses character development out the window*.

I'm very MAD/SAD with Gillen. He's supposed to be an awesome writer and he pulls this crap? WTHECK?!

I'm so glad that you understand and feel the same as me. It lets me know that there's still hope for humanity.

Don't get me wrong, the first half of the run was great, then it's just like--exactly as you said--he gave up.

Let's disregard the fact that Noh-Varr said that his ex-girlfriend was the love of his life (dude, that's fine, but don't say that in front of your current girlfriend!); let's disregard the chemistry between Loki and America (I'm still not over that not being canon, OK? It's the first time I shipped something SO HARD *cue Armin screaming*)...you know what? DISREGARD ALL THE THINGS to please the fans!! biggrin

WHAT THE HELL, MAYNE?!

Sincerely, a YA fan (kinda?)

Wheezing Kitten

26,865 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX

This makes me very sad.

THAT

IS

EXACTLY

HOW

I

FEEL

ABOUT

IT.

Don't get me wrong, the first half of the run was great, then it's just like--exactly as you said--he gave up.

Let's disregard the fact that Noh-Varr said that his ex-girlfriend was the love of his life (dude, that's fine, but don't say that in front of your current girlfriend!); let's disregard the chemistry between Loki and America (I'm still not over that not being canon, OK? It's the first time I shipped something SO HARD *cue Armin screaming*)...you know what? DISREGARD ALL THE THINGS to please the fans!! biggrin

WHAT THE HELL, MAYNE?!

Pretty much how it was. Great from preview comic till whenever the heck it crapped out. (YEP NOH-VARR SCREWED UP BIG TIME WTHECK?!)

BEST CHEMISTRY EVER AND I DRAGGED YOU ONTO THAT SHIP AND YOU LOVED EVERY MOMENT OF IT. (LOL I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL BUT I'M KIND OF USED TO SUCH THINGS NOT BEING CANON.....). lol armin screaming SCREW THE FANDOM BECAUSE THEY'RE A BUNCH OF WHINY OVER-SERIOUS BUNCH OF IDIOTS THAT FREAK OUT IF YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING AGAINST WICCAN AND HULKLING.

lol that was a fantastic way to end your statement. I about cracked up laughing (you really are a writer).
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX

This makes me very sad.

THAT

IS

EXACTLY

HOW

I

FEEL

ABOUT

IT.

WHAT THE HELL, MAYNE?!

Pretty much how it was. Great from preview comic till whenever the heck it crapped out. (YEP NOH-VARR SCREWED UP BIG TIME WTHECK?!)

BEST CHEMISTRY EVER AND I DRAGGED YOU ONTO THAT SHIP AND YOU LOVED EVERY MOMENT OF IT. (LOL I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL BUT I'M KIND OF USED TO SUCH THINGS NOT BEING CANON.....). lol armin screaming SCREW THE FANDOM BECAUSE THEY'RE A BUNCH OF WHINY OVER-SERIOUS BUNCH OF IDIOTS THAT FREAK OUT IF YOU DARE SAY ANYTHING AGAINST WICCAN AND HULKLING.

lol that was a fantastic way to end your statement. I about cracked up laughing (you really are a writer).

Lol I can't write worth crap razz

You dragged me onto the ship only to have me experience it sink mad

YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE TO ME

(I wouldn't have taken it so hard if everyone just stayed in character. But that, that's just low. Yeah, the fandom can get really toxic *bleh*)

Wheezing Kitten

26,865 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX

This makes me very sad.

THAT

IS

EXACTLY

HOW

I

FEEL

ABOUT

IT.

WHAT THE HELL, MAYNE?!

(I wouldn't have taken it so hard if everyone just stayed in character. But that, that's just low. Yeah, the fandom can get really toxic *bleh*)

You're better than me at writing. That says a lot. xD

It happens and I'm quite sorry about it. ):

OH GOD MAKE IT STOP

SAME HERE BUT YEAH, GILLEN GAVE UP AND CRAPPED ON EVERYTHING. The fandom is utter crap, hence why I tend to stay away from them.
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX

THAT

IS

EXACTLY

HOW

I

FEEL

ABOUT

IT.

WHAT THE HELL, MAYNE?!

OH GOD MAKE IT STOP

SAME HERE BUT YEAH, GILLEN GAVE UP AND CRAPPED ON EVERYTHING. The fandom is utter crap, hence why I tend to stay away from them.

Wait, what? You're good at writing, too! D:

You put me on the ship.

You gave me hope and then you took it away. That's enough to make anyone dangerous; God knows what it will do to me...

*curls up in shock blanket, making dying whale sounds*

User Image

The problem was, Gillen was too involved in the fandom. I explained that bit on my Tumblr razz

Wheezing Kitten

26,865 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX

THAT

IS

EXACTLY

HOW

I

FEEL

ABOUT

IT.

WHAT THE HELL, MAYNE?!

OH GOD MAKE IT STOP

You put me on the ship.

You gave me hope and then you took it away. That's enough to make anyone dangerous; God knows what it will do to me...

User Image

The problem was, Gillen was too involved in the fandom. I explained that bit on my Tumblr razz

Oh gosh...I always think my descriptions are a bit too wordy.

I think Gillen is to blame for that ship (actually, a friend of mine got me into it). Just because it's not canon doesn't mean you should stop shipping it! I STILL SHIP IT!

lol dat shock blanket

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. WAY TOO INVOLVED IN THE FANDOM TO THE POINT OF SACRIFICING GOOD WRITING.
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX

OH GOD MAKE IT STOP

You put me on the ship.

User Image

I think Gillen is to blame for that ship (actually, a friend of mine got me into it). Just because it's not canon doesn't mean you should stop shipping it! I STILL SHIP IT!

lol dat shock blanket

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. WAY TOO INVOLVED IN THE FANDOM TO THE POINT OF SACRIFICING GOOD WRITING.

But they're good descriptions smile

Don't get me wrong; I STILL SHIP IIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!

I mean, it's good to take some input from your fans, but too much input and you end up with something like Andrew Hussie's Jailbreak.

Wheezing Kitten

26,865 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX

OH GOD MAKE IT STOP

You put me on the ship.

User Image

lol dat shock blanket

I mean, it's good to take some input from your fans, but too much input and you end up with something like Andrew Hussie's Jailbreak.

Baaaah okay then thanks

SAAAAAME!!!

Yep, pretty much. It's like as if he just let the fandom take the wheel while the car is driven off the cliff into a ravine of fail.
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX

OH GOD MAKE IT STOP

You put me on the ship.

User Image

lol dat shock blanket

Baaaah okay then thanks

SAAAAAME!!!

Yep, pretty much. It's like as if he just let the fandom take the wheel while the car is driven off the cliff into a ravine of fail.

That

was

the

most

epic

description

ever

LOOOOOOOOL at ravine of fail...but that was what happened ._.

Wheezing Kitten

26,865 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX
JKTrolling
XxTheSmittenKittenxX

OH GOD MAKE IT STOP

You put me on the ship.

User Image

lol dat shock blanket

Baaaah okay then thanks

SAAAAAME!!!

That

was

the

most

epic

description

ever

LOOOOOOOOL at ravine of fail...but that was what happened ._.

THANK

YOU

LOL

yep it was

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items