Welcome to Gaia! ::

Heart Hunter

9,650 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Full closet 200
I'm not sure, but isn't Supergirl supposed to have the same powers as Superman? Including his super strength?
Faol_Cailin
I'm not sure, but isn't Supergirl supposed to have the same powers as Superman? Including his super strength?

Yes, but it's been said that her powers aren't able to match his because of her lack of control over them and she also had an excess of solar energy. Also, Supes has much more experience and had the time to thick out all of his powers. Most writers tend to portray her weaker. But in past cases when she did fight against Supes, she only ever matched him because he suppressed himself.
Aviqus
Captain Talavar

Thanks; I don't know why you did that but cool. I guess it's nice to see my posts over again. I say again, no one is talking about Superman's creation. DC created Superman to be the strongest hero period. If you're not going to add any input, just leave. I believe this was the end result of our last discussion about Superman's abilities.

If you're saying DC CREATED him to be the strongest hero, then you're talking about CREATION aren't you? DC did not CREATE Superman to be anything because DC did not CREATE him period.

It's sad that your reading comprehension skills are so poor that I need to explain this to you.

As for our last discussion about Superman, I believe it ended with you inflating your superiority complex to heights I've rarely seen and me walking away out of disgust for such pig-headed arrogance.

Conservative Voter

Captain Talavar

No. I'm talking about his strength. DC created New 52 Superman and his limiting factors. Clearly, it's you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Do you wish to continue?
Aviqus
Captain Talavar

No. I'm talking about his strength. DC created New 52 Superman and his limiting factors. Clearly, it's you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Do you wish to continue?

My reading comprehension skills are just fine. You never mentioned the New 52 version of Superman specifically. Don't act like your vagueness is somehow my fault.

Conservative Voter

Captain Talavar

I'm not obligated to tell you which incarnation. If I'm asking a question of that much significance, clearly I wasn't talking about the original Superman who probably couldn't even defeat Venom; which is the one you were referring to. Common sense is required.
Aviqus
Captain Talavar

I'm not obligated to tell you which incarnation. If I'm asking a question of that much significance, clearly I wasn't talking about the original Superman who probably couldn't even defeat Venom; which is the one you were referring to. Common sense is required.

Common sense suggests if you want a specific answer you don't ask a vague question.

Conservative Voter

Captain Talavar

And what question did I ask that was vague?

Conservative Voter

Faol_Cailin

I think her body metabolizes solar radiation better than him or something along those lines but Superman is definitely stronger than her. There is a New 52 character that I guess you could consider a hero that absorbs 200 gigawatts of solar energy at any given time (as opposed to Superman who is somewhere around 121 GWs). But he's come in conflict with Superman as he works for the US government. He's even taught Superman how to harness his power better. He could be a contender.
Aviqus
Captain Talavar

And what question did I ask that was vague?

Quote:
Is Superman The Strongrst Superhero
Quote:
It's been stated that DC created Superman to be the strongest (physically) hero in western comics.

Nowhere in your thread title or your original post did you specify which version of Superman you were talking about. You never mentioned anything about the New 52 depiction of Superman.

You asked a vague question. I responded based solely on what little you wrote, which considering your vagueness was erroneous, because DC did not create Superman in the general sense of the character.

Conservative Voter

Captain Talavar

Vague question? It was a yes or no question. How much more detail could I have put into that question? Only one of the quotes you posted was a question. Just stahp.
Aviqus
Captain Talavar

Vague question? It was a yes or no question. How much more detail could I have put into that question? Only one of the quotes you posted was a question. Just stahp.

A yes or no question with a vague subject, being just Superman. Not New 52 Superman, not Red Son Superman, not Kingdom Come Superman, not the original Superman created by Siegel and Shuster; just Superman.

You didn't get specific with the New 52 Superman until much later in the conversation. If that's the Superman you were asking about, then your question was too vague.

Conservative Voter

Captain Talavar

No, it wasn't. You simply wanted to be argumentative. You're looking to defend something that isn't there. Just stahp. It's getting embarrassing now. stare
Aviqus
Captain Talavar

No, it wasn't. You simply wanted to be argumentative. You're looking to defend something that isn't there. Just stahp. It's getting embarrassing now. stare

What's embarrassing is that you can't just fess up and admit you were too vague with what you were saying. You turned this into an argument by getting defensive when I was simply pointing out something we both know to be true in answering a question you were clearly too vague about.

Conservative Voter

Captain Talavar

It's so vague that several people have already given me straight answers. Current continuity Superman is Superman. If I said DC, not Jerry, why would you consider the Superman Jerry conceived? Does that make any sense? That Superman wasn't even strong enough to move a continent; meaning that incarnation should immediately be put out of your thinking. Just stop already. Allow people with legitimate answers to post without having to be spammed by your posts. Fact is, your post did not pertain to the topic so you shouldn't even have posted.

This is what I get for arguing with someone whose IQ barely exceeds plant life. stare

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff