Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which Spiderman villain is the best?

Green Goblin 0.56818181818182 56.8% [ 25 ]
Venom 0.43181818181818 43.2% [ 19 ]
Total Votes:[ 44 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Green Goblin has the genius, drive, and just enough insanity to make him a far more effective foe. Venom isn't reliable enough...
While the Green Goblin has all that, I gotta go with Venom since his stories and fights are the ones that make you sit on the edge of your seat. It's also much more interesting to see the emotional effect he has on Peter when taking over other people in order to fight him. Venom only wants to kill Spiderman, it's much more personal than the way the Green Goblin goes about things.
i agree(and i love) Venom

Dangerous Lunatic

I gotta go with Gobby. I mean, let's list some facts. Every hero should have a wild and crazy number one villain and for Spider-Man, that's me. Secondly, I got the better costume, am I right? Thirdly, I got a really awesome laugh. Does Venom have a really awesome laugh? Not to my knowledge. Fourthly, the great and talented Willem Dafoe played me. Who played Venom? Topher Grace? Seriously? The kid from That 70's Show? Come on! The guy that played the dad on that show would have been a better choice. Mostly because he's at least played a villain before. Anyone remember Robocop? He was a bad a** in that movie.

Super Genius

Heres Gobby
I gotta go with Gobby. I mean, let's list some facts. Every hero should have a wild and crazy number one villain and for Spider-Man, that's me. Secondly, I got the better costume, am I right? Thirdly, I got a really awesome laugh. Does Venom have a really awesome laugh? Not to my knowledge. Fourthly, the great and talented Willem Dafoe played me. Who played Venom? Topher Grace? Seriously? The kid from That 70's Show? Come on! The guy that played the dad on that show would have been a better choice. Mostly because he's at least played a villain before. Anyone remember Robocop? He was a bad a** in that movie.

They ******** Eddie Brock up in that movie xp Eddie wan't a douchebag before he got the symbiote, just a dude who made a mistake, and went a little nuts because of it.

That dude was a lot more ike Mac Gargan. Sneaky, deceitful, a little sleazy.

Dangerous Lunatic

Lex Joseph Luthor
Heres Gobby

They ******** Eddie Brock up in that movie xp Eddie wan't a douchebag before he got the symbiote, just a dude who made a mistake, and went a little nuts because of it.

That dude was a lot more ike Mac Gargan. Sneaky, deceitful, a little sleazy.

Hey hey! If it isn't Lex! I gotta give you credit, Lex. No one pulls off a buffed and shiny head like you. It's immaculate. I agree that they totally made a mistake in portraying Venom in the movie. In my opinion, they could have had Sandman as the only villain and it would have been a great flick. And maybe they should have just let Gargan be one of the villains. I would love to see Scorpion as a baddie in a Spider-film.

But back on topic, Venom still pales in comparison to yours truly.

Dangerous Rogue

10,750 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
going with Doc Ock myself smile

Sparkly Shapeshifter

5,000 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Contributor 150
Green Goblin because he is schizophrenic, has a glider and likes to throw people off bridges. And there is also the fact that Norman is Harry's father and Harry and Peter are sort of bff's.

PrinceJello's Husband

Dedicated Genius

Both were fairly decent, true that. I have to agree that Venom is a bit too all over the place to be Spidey's true arch foe. He starts out as villain and then becomes anti-hero as the "Lethal Protector" (which was just plain badass, imo). Brock for the win when it comes to Venom; although, Flash is making a decent Agent Venom.

Norman Osbourne is bad through and through and no chance of him being otherwise!
I had to vote for Green Goblin, simply because he's a Jekyll-and-Hyde combination of the two biggest villains in comics: Lex Luthor and the Joker. Think about it: he's extremely wealthy, a corporate monster, and he's very intelligent and skillful with technology just like Lex Luthor. But under the surface, he's a psychotic madman who commits atrocities for the sheer fun of it, dressing up in green and purple and having a wicked evil grin, just like the Joker.

Imagine someone as terrifyingly, chaotically insane as the Joker with all the wealth, resources, ruthlessness, and intelligence of Lex Luthor. That is one scary and formidable combination, and while I do really like Venom (and might even prefer him overall as a character), there's no doubt that the Green Goblin is not only Spidey's greatest foe, but right up there with his DC twins Luthor and the Joker as one of the greatest comic villains period.
Venom is a far better character than The Green Goblin, mostly because of Eddie Brock. Green Goblin is cool and all, but Hobgoblin is better than him. Now, if you were to have put Venom vs Hobgoblin, I probably would not have been able to give you an answer.

Hilarious Genius

5,450 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Cyber Cade
From Spiderman comic books to spiderman movies to spiderman television series, I want to know, which villain is best: the Green Goblin, or Venom?
I think it's venom because it is the most powerful of his enemies because he has all the powers of Spider-Man

Dedicated Entrepreneur

Venom was a more interesting villian. Each host is a different story.

I love Osborn but he can get a bit repetitive. Some times he's low tier and some times he is an evil mastermind.
Green Goblin always has been and always will be Spider-man's greatest enemy. Venom is not even on my top ten Spider-man villains to be honest.

Venom comes off as a jealous ex lover. That's just dull. He's a power house villain sure and not effect Spider-man's Spider-sense is interesting but he's never been that interesting. he's never been the personal threat that Green Goblin is.

No other villain has caused as much personal pain to Peter Parker then green Goblin. He was ruining Peter's life before Venom was even a thought in his creator's mind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff