Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lavish Cultist

What do you all think about, Ben, as the new Batman?
Personally I think that he'll do okay.. For now. Just have to wait and see until the movie comes out!

Khraleon's Wife

Kawaii Wife

To be honest, I've heard so much griping about it that I'm so ******** sick of the news. I can't wait until he blows throat-cancer Baleman out of the ******** water, because I think it'd be ******** hilarious.

Lavish Cultist

Pfft. I think everyone is sick of the news, I just wanted to know everyone else's opinions.
i hope he does well, i want him to succeed in being batman, he can do it and i believe in him. i dont care who they could have chosen to be batman but they chose him. i accepted it and moved on.

Questionable Conversationalist

I don't even care anymore.
When I heard the news I felt nothing, when I saw everyone on my FB bitching about it I only felt "wow you people are bitching a lot" and when I think about it now, I really have no feelings whatsoever for or against the actor.
My feelings about DC movies died when I realized they will never stop making shitty Superman movies and if I ever want to see more about DC heroes I do like I have to buy the comics as that's the only form my favorite heroines will ever be published. And I honestly don't even like comics all that much.

While I don't care about this movie coming out, if the trailers look good I'll consider watching it months after the release on Netflix. I hope Ben does a good job because I still care about Batman and hell if he likes Batman getting to play a superhero he likes must be a great experience, but at the same time I more feel for him catching flack from people before he's even had a chance to try the role.
Eh. I'm just happy that Matt Damon is Robin, otherwise it would feel awkward.

3,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
It's George Clooney's Batman all over again. Need mental floss now.

Shameless Stalker

I'm going to wait and see it before I say anything. Ben Affleck has become a better actor since Daredevil. As long as he actually cares about the project I can see good things coming out of it.

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
People thought Heath Ledger wouldn't be a good Joker.

Lavish Cultist

They thought-
It could be the same situation here with the new Batman. It's just in how he feels about being Batman, to commit to being him.
I'm looking forward to him as Batman.. I mean, half of the complainers are just jumping onto the bandwagon and trying to appear like they really care..
A terrible choice. He's not a bad actor but I can't see him as Batman

Partying Reveler

Part of me feels like it will be Batman playing Ben Affleck. SInce a lot of his work i don't feel him being in character as to much seeing him act the character.

But he has gotten better throughout the years. I have metally erased Daredevil from my mind. I will go into it with an open mind.

But it seems Superman movies never fail well in the box office so i'm curious to see how a Superman/Batman movie will do.

Kawaii Shounen

Henry Hobo-Master
Eh. I'm just happy that Matt Damon is Robin, otherwise it would feel awkward.

wait Matt Damon as robin?!
I never heard of this

I though Joseph Gordon was going to be Robin

Anxious Scamp

He has too much star power.

The new Superman, the new Batman, the new Spiderman--they worked because they were going for a more real, gritty feel. I had only sort of heard of Christian Bale or Andrew Garfield, so they could be the character not the actor. But let's be honest here, who's going to be able to watch that movie and not be like "Oh that's Ben Afflec acting" instead of "Oh here's Bruce Wayne's life"?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff