Welcome to Gaia! ::

Profitable Prophet

I figure some of you people know about the Script Frenzy. And hey, it relates to comics! Guess I was just wondering who else was in on that action.

I'll be working on a small anthology of scripts, mainly using this time to expand my Pity the Dead scripts, which I'm fairly sure most of the regulars have heard enough about by now. However, I also recently got accepted to write and direct a short 5-episode (5-8 minutes each) and will probably be a cheater and add those pages into my final count. Because I'm like that.

Anyway, I don't really expect you to care that much in what I'm doing, but I'm interested in what you all have planned! If you want, we can occupy this thread over the next month. I'm always scared to post in those forums over there.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
I forgot about Script Frenzy!

Well, I guess I'll try to meet the goal via Completely Legitimate Rowing Team and Boy Aurus' future chapters.
I googled it and saw you need to have 100 pages to meet the goal. ahahahahahaha. I'll be doing scripting anyway, but there is no conceivable way that I can make 100 pages this month while also doing school and work. But I like the idea of having a thread where participating people share their progress.

Profitable Prophet

-2o
I googled it and saw you need to have 100 pages to meet the goal. ahahahahahaha. I'll be doing scripting anyway, but there is no conceivable way that I can make 100 pages this month while also doing school and work. But I like the idea of having a thread where participating people share their progress.

Well, I mean, hell, I just got 7 or so pages done today. Then again, I write in a way where I think about something for weeks beforehand and then just explode all over the page.
But in a less sexual way.

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
I think for a while, but it takes ages for me to actually write even a little.

Though I have a feeling my scenes are too long. I need to stop being so averse to showing more than one person talking per panel. Especially on dialogue that's not all that dramatically delivered anyway.
If it weren't for finals I would be pretty confident that I could write three and a third pages a day. I'm going to give it a shot anyways, if nothing else, it will get me to actually sit down and write. I have a habit of wanting to get into drawing the comic too soon, and this time around I don't want to get half way through it and discover that there's a huge plothole that I have no way to correct (Not to say that has ever happened to be before).

I've got plans for a military/political science fiction graphic novel.

Eloquent Explorer

Oh hey! I kept looking in the Writer's Forum for a thread like this but I never expected one to appear here. Sweet.

I'm sort of taking part in Script Frenzy this month, I mean I was always planning to but then I got sidetracked by some other projects and fell behind from the very first day... Still, I think that I can manage it. It annoys me when people say that Screnzy is "sooooo easy", but admittedly, it isn't as hard as NaNoWriMo. The day before yesterday I went from 0 to 7 pages in one evening and if I can keep doing that, I'll be caught up before too long.

Anyway, I'm writing a graphic novel script. It's actually a project I originally intended to be a novel-novel but when I sat down to finally blitz it for NaNo last November, I kept seeing it as a comic in my head. That probably wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the fact that I've spent the last few years writing almost exclusively comic scripts, but too late to change that now... so I vowed to give it a go as a graphic novel this April. I've been copping out on this project since 2007, and if I cop out again on it now, heaven only knows when it'll get written. I must prevail!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff