Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is this a good idea for a comic?
Summary:

A girl named Angel who doesn't believe in anything that has to do with magic,magical powers,and stuff like that soon holds the power to create fire on her own will and must search for the other girls that hold other Natural Elements.(Like water,air etc.)Then in between time she'll be fighting villians and getting jewels to save the world and she still has to get through junior high! Will she be able to do it?

Sorry if the summary sucks but please tell me what you think.
sounds very shoujo and kinda cliche. It sounds like a good story, if it's your first comic. You can use this one to perfect your art style and story panel flow.

(my first comic was extremely shoujo with several elements from several different shoujo animes (sailormoon, kamikaze kaitou jeane, rayearth, etc.), but it helped me figure out how pages should be lined out and other things like that)
stare It's like almost every other magical girl story in existance; unless you can create extremly interesting characters, I suggest throwing it into the waste bin- unless of course there's something about the story that sets it apart from all the other knock-off Sailormoon's out there...
Well I LOVED Sailor Moon and wanted to do something like it but I promise you mine is WAAAY different!
Quote:
Well I LOVED Sailor Moon and wanted to do something like it but I promise you mine is WAAAY different!

How so? It may be different from Sailormoon, but everything else in there seems kind of cliche'd. I mean, here's all the cliches you have:

Average girl with strange name...
No knowledge of magical powers, but HAS them...
Elemental powers... (This is a HUGE cliche)
GROUP of people with elemental powers... (Again.)
Fighting random evil things...
Collecting ____ to save the world...

Nearly everything there has been done a million times before. I mean, don't take this as too much of an insult - hell, the first big story I ever came up with had a fire-powered girl named Trinity and her group of friends with elemental powers trying to save the world. You just have to realize it's cliche and either throw away the story, or make some big, big changes. There's just nothing here to set this apart from everything else.
Just about every story out there is a cliche these days, some more than others. The art lies in adding enough origonality to it to set it apart. Why are they looking for these jewls, what do they do? what is the villan's motivation? (that's a big one, too many antagonists out there are downright poorly done.)
I dunno, big paragraphs confuse me.

but my tips are: Change her name, even tenshi is better than angel (although both sucks...)
they are all right, the idea is used too many times before.

If you are serious, I can give you some new ideas
I like it and r u really a fan of sailormoon cause so am i
You know you should just make it the way you feel and put your best effort in to it
Cesrox16
I like it and r u really a fan of sailormoon cause so am i
When you hear this, you know it's time to change your plot.
I like the idea. the idea can work. I must point out...there are no such thing as an "original" idea in the 21st cen. It's how clever you are in retelling that idea so it can come across and 'feel' fresh.

Your idea is...very simple and straight forward. This is a good foundation...now you need a bit more...pizzaz. Make it spark and dazzle with something that is unique to your style of story telling. whee
way??I sorry
Well, honestly, your story does sound too cliche. People want to read something different and new.

If it is your first manga, just write it! I do not think anyone has published or gone that far with their first manga. As long as you do a manga, then you will have the practice and experience to create more complex and unique mangas. heart
Man....it's not orginal...it's really used too much elements of nature and crap.. 3nodding

USE UR IMAGINATION DAMMIT IT'S THERE FOR A REASON!!
Quote:
I dunno, big paragraphs confuse me.

but my tips are: Change her name, even tenshi is better than angel (although both sucks...)they are all right, the idea is used too many times before.

If you are serious, I can give you some new ideas

hey... sad (real name is Angel)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas